Wrinkle finish black paint

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Re: Wrinkle finish black paint

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bryan

oops - i mischaracterized; Wurth still makes the wrinkle paint in Germany but they cannot export it to the US anymore because of EPA issues; Wurth still export to the US a lot of other very good car/paint products
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bryan

oops - i mischaracterized; Wurth still makes the wrinkle paint in Germany but they cannot export it to the US anymore because of EPA issues; Wurth still export to the US a lot of other very good car/paint products
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bryan

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bryan

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Campbell

My GTE has a wrinkle dash fascia similar to a Comp SWB.
I just had it redone using VHT wrinkle finish with excellent results.Our Ferrari dealer uses this brand as well.The key is to use several thick coats and bake it at 75 degrees for several hours.
I first used Plasticoat brand wrinkle paint with spotty results. The secrets of wrinkle paint baking for cam covers can be found in an old FML newsletter.
P.S. Warning- I can still taste the fumes on her Sunday roasts after all these years.
Cheers Campbell
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Campbell

I just had it redone using VHT wrinkle finish with excellent results.Our Ferrari dealer uses this brand as well.The key is to use several thick coats and bake it at 75 degrees for several hours.
I first used Plasticoat brand wrinkle paint with spotty results. The secrets of wrinkle paint baking for cam covers can be found in an old FML newsletter.
P.S. Warning- I can still taste the fumes on her Sunday roasts after all these years.
Cheers Campbell
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Campbell

Cheers Campbell
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by bill

Be more conscerned with your wife catching  you with Ferrari parts in the oven. It's a big problem we have to deal with!
Bill
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by bill

Be more conscerned with your wife catching  you with Ferrari parts in the oven. It's a big problem we have to deal with!
Bill
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by bill

Bill
wwwboard

VHT Wrinkle finish black paint

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

Of course, I'll have to watch out for the wife!

But additionally I've read that that isocyanates are considered at least as dangerous as lead.

I think I'll try using VHT wrinkle paint on those header heat shields - looks like crowd prefers it for heat resistance and authentic fine wrinkle.  I found a can which says "tested to 350F", and another which omits that message but is OK in California.  I'll got with the 350F variety.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

But additionally I've read that that isocyanates are considered at least as dangerous as lead.

I think I'll try using VHT wrinkle paint on those header heat shields - looks like crowd prefers it for heat resistance and authentic fine wrinkle.  I found a can which says "tested to 350F", and another which omits that message but is OK in California.  I'll got with the 350F variety.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by John

If you plan on doing more than a piece or two, or are interested in doing your own powdercoating, I suggest buying a used electric oven and installing it in your basement or garage.  You can often find older ones -- fine for our purposes -- very cheaply.  Try your local Salvation Army store.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by John

If you plan on doing more than a piece or two, or are interested in doing your own powdercoating, I suggest buying a used electric oven and installing it in your basement or garage.  You can often find older ones -- fine for our purposes -- very cheaply.  Try your local Salvation Army store.