330 GT 2+2 Brakes

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

330 GT 2+2 Brakes

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by VICTOR

Are there any sugestions on how to improve the brakes?
Bigger discs and callipers?
Thanks in advance

V.V.
wwwboard

Re: 330 GT 2+2 Brakes

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Victor,

First of all, are you sure your stock brakes are working at 100%? I know the 330GT 2+2s are heavy cars but, with twin boosters, and old flex hoses, binding calipers, and many other weak links, I would make sure everything is up to  par before trying to upgrade.

Brakes are one of those things where you can upgrade forever. Harder pads will wear rotors faster, if you're going to get new rotors, then why not get vented rotors, vented rotors will need new calipers, etc...and with all these changes, you still need to fit all this into a 14 inch wheel! Once you start, it's very hard to stop throwing your money into it!

Tom
wwwboard

Re: 330 GT 2+2 Brakes

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by John Elliott

Victor:

There is a British company that makes upgraded calipers for the early Dunlop systems (including Ferrari 330s).  They use a four-pot design rather than three and bigger pads to the point where I think they claim the pad area is about twice that of the stock pads.  I've thought about going to these on my 330 if my calipers ever give out, but so far that's the only part of my brake system I haven't had a problem with.  Anyway, more information can be found at:

http://www.zeus.uk.com/classicbrake1.htm

I wonder if anyone else on the list has heard of this company?  Anyone tried them?

John. &nbsp