Correct Radio for a 1967 330 GT 2+2

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Correct Radio for a 1967 330 GT 2+2

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Marco Pasanella

Does anyone know what the correct radio is for a 1967 (ie single headlight) 330 GT 2+2?  Would this be the same for a 1967 Fiat Dino Spider (I am missing the radio for this car as well)?

Thanks.
wwwboard

Re: Correct Radio for a 1967 330 GT 2+2

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Marco,

I think the radios were dealer installed, so models would vary. Blaupunkts and Beckers were popular, and if you installed one of these manufactured in 1967, it should be right.

Call Willy Wilkes (look in the "suppliers" section). He sometimes has a few of these in stock, and is very knowledgeable on when each particular model was made. He rebuilt my Blaupukt, and I helped a friend of mine install a Becker in his 500 Superfast.

Be careful that you get a shallow radio for that 330, because ther isn't a ton of room behind that console.

Tom &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Yale

Amazingly enough Ed Ebel at Becker is very active in supporting older (and newer) radios. They also keep a selection of radios around AND and will also rebuild your old Becker, (or fix your newer one). They are on the web.
Yale
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Yale

Amazingly enough Ed Ebel at Becker is very active in supporting older (and newer) radios. They also keep a selection of radios around AND and will also rebuild your old Becker, (or fix your newer one). They are on the web.
Yale
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bryan P

Marco - another issue for you is whether your car is US or European spec.  Two of the brands I am familiar with that were installed in European cars are Voxson (sp?) and the Blaupunkt 4-band radios.

Bryan   &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Thanks all for your quick input.  You guys definitely sound like true appassionati.

Know about Willy.  He is very good, but a bit expensive. Becker contact is also helpful.

However, was trying to see what I could trawl for on e-bay.  Does anyone know what model Blaupunkt or Becker would fit my European spec car?  I thought that the correct Blaupunkt should be the Frankfurt model and the Becker should be Europa, but am not sure.

Again, thanks and look forward to your input.

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Thanks all for your quick input.  You guys definitely sound like true appassionati.

Know about Willy.  He is very good, but a bit expensive. Becker contact is also helpful.

However, was trying to see what I could trawl for on e-bay.  Does anyone know what model Blaupunkt or Becker would fit my European spec car?  I thought that the correct Blaupunkt should be the Frankfurt model and the Becker should be Europa, but am not sure.

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Marco,

I'm glad we can help, especially if we've been down that road before!

I put a Becker Europa in the '66 500 Superfast.

Let us know what else you find!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Marco,

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Marco,

Tom