Correct plating finish on Cheney hose clamps

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Re: Correct plating finish on Cheney hose clamps

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

One judge I've spoken with wants cadmium.  Another will accept cadmium or nickel.  Two prominent restorers each say cadmium.  And it sounds like Francois says nickel.  Point taken that none of the other folks has ever worked at the factory!

Maybe I'll ask the plater what metal he believes is covering my old clamps.

Oh well, let's keep it in perspective!  They're only hose clamps, and they're easy to unscrew.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Deane,

I absolutely want to keep things in perspective and say that these cars to me are more fun to drive than to worry about proper finishes!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Deane,

I absolutely want to keep things in perspective and say that these cars to me are more fun to drive than to worry about proper finishes!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Deane,

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

Yep, still have to clean the bugs out of my teeth each time I take it for a drive - can't keep my smile shut!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

Yep, still have to clean the bugs out of my teeth each time I take it for a drive - can't keep my smile shut!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bryan P

I painted mine fluorescent orange - to match the faux-fur on the dash, the windshield wipers and the license plate surround.  The judges deducted 101 points and took my keys away . . .

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bryan P

I painted mine fluorescent orange - to match the faux-fur on the dash, the windshield wipers and the license plate surround.  The judges deducted 101 points and took my keys away . . .

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bryan P

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

<Grin> I've installed purple neon tubes in the wheelwells anyway, so I guess I might as well go for an iridescent purple, or perhaps blue, on those pesky hose clamps.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

<Grin> I've installed purple neon tubes in the wheelwells anyway, so I guess I might as well go for an iridescent purple, or perhaps blue, on those pesky hose clamps.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane