Mondial questions from a newbie

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Mondial questions from a newbie

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Parsifal

I have wondering about getting a Mondial during the past weeks. A guy in my neighbourhood has got one, and I know he would be willing to sell. I always liked the looks of the Mondial, but so far I have not driven one. So I wonder - how does it feel in comparison with a 308 or a 328? Anything particular to look out for when I go for a test drive? Also - one friend of mine bought a 348 some months ago - would I always kick myself for having a slower car or is the Mondial quick enough for me? (Any opinions would be appreciated!)
wwwboard

Re: Mondial questions from a newbie

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee Sanders

See my previuous posting: by Lee Sanders on April 22, 2001 at 13:43:14.

This tells a lot about Mondial's.

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Parsifal

Thanks - actually I had already noticed your post below, but didn't really let it get to me... but OK, I suppose you think I should at least know what I'm doing...
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Parsifal

Thanks - actually I had already noticed your post below, but didn't really let it get to me... but OK, I suppose you think I should at least know what I'm doing...
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee

I was originally enthralled with the Mondial Cab too.  But after a great deal of research, including talking to a number of dealer techs and a dealer GM, I decided to move on to other models.

But you're right, it sure seems like a good way to go.

Lee
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee

I was originally enthralled with the Mondial Cab too.  But after a great deal of research, including talking to a number of dealer techs and a dealer GM, I decided to move on to other models.

Lee
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee

Lee
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Scott

As a long term owner of a Mondial, in which I have had little or no problems, because I properly maintained it, do not be bothered by the Steve Serio comments on the Mondial, or those who have never owned one.  The car was manufactured by Ferrari for 13 years.  It is as fine as an example of Ferrari craftmanship and purpose as any of their cars.  A model which was approved by Enzo Ferrari.  The criticism comes mostly from those who have seen poorly maintained cars, who have never owned any Ferrari, or those who like Mr.Serio have no offical association with Ferrari, but a lot of attitude based on little fact.  Yes, a Ferrari costs money to properly maintain, any Ferrari does.  Forza magazine wrote a fair assessment of the Mondial Cabriolet mechanicals.  Yet, it too has no offical association with Ferrari, and a lot of "experts", who have usually never owned any of the cars they so generously have opinions on.  If you are interested in buying a Ferrari, have it checked out by "Ferrari" or a mechanic who has worked on that model.  If the Mondial is the car that suits your style and needs, don't by distracted.  &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Scott

As a long term owner of a Mondial, in which I have had little or no problems, because I properly maintained it, do not be bothered by the Steve Serio comments on the Mondial, or those who have never owned one.  The car was manufactured by Ferrari for 13 years.  It is as fine as an example of Ferrari craftmanship and purpose as any of their cars.  A model which was approved by Enzo Ferrari.  The criticism comes mostly from those who have seen poorly maintained cars, who have never owned any Ferrari, or those who like Mr.Serio have no offical association with Ferrari, but a lot of attitude based on little fact.  Yes, a Ferrari costs money to properly maintain, any Ferrari does.  Forza magazine wrote a fair assessment of the Mondial Cabriolet mechanicals.  Yet, it too has no offical association with Ferrari, and a lot of "experts", who have usually never owned any of the cars they so generously have opinions on.  If you are interested in buying a Ferrari, have it checked out by "Ferrari" or a mechanic who has worked on that model.  If the Mondial is the car that suits your style and needs, don't by distracted.  &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Scott