Weber 36 DCS Carburetor

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Weber 36 DCS Carburetor

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

Is anybody familiar with the Weber 63 DCS carburetor?  The 250 GTE is supposed to have 40 DCL 6's, but mine has the DCS'.  I cannot find any mention of them in the weber books or the internet.  I am particularly interested in when they were produced.  The original owner of my car was into racing, so if she replaced them in 1963 for racing purposes, that would be kind of cool.  However, if the second owner replaced them in the 80's because he didn't want to mess with the originals, I will think twice about keeping them.
wwwboard

Re: Weber 36 DCS Carburetor

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Tom,

Here's the deal with DCSs, as apposed to DCLs. The only real difference is in the way the choke operates. Do you have operational chokes? Francois says that He's seen some GTEs fitted with DCSs and feels the factory may have done this. If it works, and you have no problems, I'd leave well enough alone. Have you priced a set of three DCLs? Price alone would keep me from doing it!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

Thanks for the information on the carbs.  I have been looking at the price of everything on this car and am always excited to find something I don't have to replace!  But I have to thank you even more for the movie of the test drive of the 250.  Mine is also silver with a red interior and this movie is the closest I will get to driving it for quite some time.  When I get overwhelmed with how far I have to go, I can play the movie a couple of times and get reved up again!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Tom,

I feel the same way about my car! It's been two years since I bought it, and I still haven't heard it run. It's always inspirational to hear other old Ferraris running!

Tom