Knock Offs

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Knock Offs

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Roberto Olivo

Hi Len,
I'm referring to your page on the Knock Offs. I just want to confirm you that my 1962  2nd series S7N 3373GT 250 GTE has already the Knock Offs with the concave center. I purchased them new by the former Borrani Factory, now "Costruzioni Meccaniche Rho", Via Enrico Mattei 13 - 20017 Rho (Milano)  - ph +39.02.932651 Italy, that still manufactures the original ones. At any rate the ones I substituted were of the same shape.
Costruzioni Meccaniche Rho is a wheel manufacturer that has maintained a small "Borrani" restoration department.
wwwboard

Re: Knock Offs

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Yang

Hi Roberto,

I was speaking ot Geof Ohland at Partsource, and he said there was a rumor going around that the company still manufaturing Borranis may stop production. Is there any way you can confirm this?

Tom
wwwboard

Re: Knock Offs

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by tim

A company in England called Specialized Automobile Services is producing a wheel called Turrino that is said to be a very good match to the original Borrani's.                          www.wirewheels.co.uk                                       They also list convex (early style) knock offs.  I've not seen any of their products but have heard good things.  Prices look to be about $750 per wheel which sounds like a lot but a proper restoration is $450-500.  Might be worth a look.