Fuses

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Fuses

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Colin

Hey Tom,
Saw your fuse box, and noticed that you are using the original-type ceramic fuses.  I have several cars with those fuses (not Ferraris) and the copper strips are notorious for corroding, which raises the resistance and subsequently causes the fuse to blow, usually at an inopportune time.  The solution is to use  glass/stainless fuses with pointed ends.  These are designed to replace the ceramic fuses, fit perfectly,  and do not corrode.  They look like the glass fuses in older American cars, except the stainless steel ends are cone-shaped to duplicate the shape of the ceramic fuses.  I know that IPD (a Volvo supplier) has 'em, and they're not expensive.  I know you plan to drive your car, and this simple upgrade will make it more reliable.  If you decide to show the car, it's a simple matter to snap in a set of original fuses for the show.
HTH,
Colin
wwwboard

Re: Fuses

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Colin,

You're the second guy who suggested this! I agree with the corrosion issue, but the price was right on these! When I get the car running and driving, I'll probably look into changing them out.

Tom &nbsp
wwwboard

Re: Fuses

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jack Horner

Tom, call me at the house tonight.  I'll look at the fuse box on my car and read off the amps to you.  My car has a guide built into the box w/ the correct grade fuses listed.  Jack Horner  203-972-3844  PS Yes, go w/ the glass fuses w/ the pointy ends for daily driving.  Even NAPA stores stock some of the .