Replicas and options

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Re: Replicas and options

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Todd,

I don't necessarily have a problem with salvaging the running gear from a "unrestorable" car. It's the destruction of cars that can be ressurected that angers me.

Isn't the 365 drivetrain a little large to fit inside what in essence is a Cobra frame? If I remember correctly, the transmission on these cars was huge. I don't think you'll be able to get away with reversing the shifter on a Ferrari!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Todd,

I don't necessarily have a problem with salvaging the running gear from a "unrestorable" car. It's the destruction of cars that can be ressurected that angers me.

Isn't the 365 drivetrain a little large to fit inside what in essence is a Cobra frame? If I remember correctly, the transmission on these cars was huge. I don't think you'll be able to get away with reversing the shifter on a Ferrari!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Todd,

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Todd E. Hensley

Hi Tom,

Yes, I may have a "little" trouble fitting everything, but I am prepared to take a TON of time and do whatever modifications I have to. If the Cobra won't work, and I have my doubts, I will have to find another way! Anyway, I was going to go nuts if I did not try - even my Finance is glad I am going to finally do something about this project!

By the way, the guy I got the engine from bought another 365 GT 2+2 and is restoring it and has done lots of this work before, so I feel pretty comfortable that I am not needlessly butchering a car!

Thanks for the conversation,
Todd
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Hi Tom,

Yes, I may have a "little" trouble fitting everything, but I am prepared to take a TON of time and do whatever modifications I have to. If the Cobra won't work, and I have my doubts, I will have to find another way! Anyway, I was going to go nuts if I did not try - even my Finance is glad I am going to finally do something about this project!

By the way, the guy I got the engine from bought another 365 GT 2+2 and is restoring it and has done lots of this work before, so I feel pretty comfortable that I am not needlessly butchering a car!

Todd
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Hi Tom,

Todd