wwwboard

rear transmission problem

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Pronto

I'm a frenchy owner of the 3679 GT 250 GTE, with a problem of
transmission. After 2 years, I have found the spare part, and the
repair has been done by a mechanic. But I have still a noise because he
doesn't know how to do the adjustment. We have found the draw of this part
of the car, but we need something with more details, or the way to process.
Perhaps you have something about that or you know someone who can help us.
Because the problem is when the box with the gear is closed, it's impossible
to see how to do the adjustement for the ball bearings. You are my last
chance to have a car i can drive after 4 years !

Have you any publication about the 250 GTE ?
I hope very much you'll can help me !
Excuse me for my english ! Parlo piu italiano… of course !
Thank you
Pronto &nbsp
wwwboard

Re: rear transmission problem

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hello Pronto,

I will ask Francois about your problem. He has helped me rebuild my transmission, and I'm sure he knows the special tricks. He is also French, so perhaps this is best done over the phone?  I will see if he can help.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Taro ohno

Hello Pronto,

May I first introduce myself as a Japanese owner of 3761GT 250gte.
I also had a problem of transmission and I am undergoing the rebuild of my transmission by myself. Last week, I finished disassembling the transmission completely. You have to use the special extractor to disassembling the input and output shaft completely from the gear box. I made the special extractor from general bearing extractor and 10mm bolts. If you have interest in the disassembling and assembling the GTE gearbox, I would like to offer my small experience for you.

Taro
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hello Taro,

I may put together some pictures together for a "tech tip" on transmissions. If you have any pictures of your rebuild and special tools, I would love to see them, and maybe post them here on the site?

Tom Yang
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Taro Ohno

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your interst in my work.  I will be pleased to sned my pictures of the exractor and transmission parts that has disassembled. I find some damege on gear pinion bushs and shim washers , shift forks, sliding sleeves, syncronizing rings. I will sent you some JPG files by E-mail. Please let me know your E-mail address. If you have interest in 250GTE engine rebuilding, I have several pictures of my work.

Best regards,

Taro
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Taro,

The more pictures and information I collect, the more complete of a reference we will have for this website! Giving only one point of view is not the way to figure out how these cars work!

I'll try to put pictures together in an article if you want to write about what you found. There is  a lot of interest in what goes into a Ferrari engine rebuild, and why it is so costly. Having another point of view will help explain!

Tom
my email address
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Proto,

I spoke to Francois about your problem, and the solution is to make a thin plate that compresses the springs on the top of the transmission, and replaces the cover that is keeping you from seeing inside the transmission. If this does not make sense, please let me know.

Tom