Pirelli's ...

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Pirelli's ...

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Peter Skudder

Tom,

What sort of Pirelli's did you have on the Porsche?, and how old were they?.

I have experienced tires before that have gone off, due to their age, and thus the compound is no longer as soft as original when made. This is why you should store tires in the shade, i.e. out of direct sunlight.

While this message is not supposed to be a Pirelli advertisement, Pirelli like all manufacturers make a range of tires, some for the family car (where the first priority is safety and long lasting) and some for the track or performance driving. I am sure that a P Zero tyre (as fitted to the F40 ?) would be sticky enough :).

Alot of Ferrari's were fitted with Michelin's in the 60's and 70's I think so nobody should get upset here.

The one reputation I would say about Pirelli's is that they apparently let go very suddenly when the limit is found .... I have spun violently spun my Alfa on new Pirelli's, but I think that was really my over optimistic attempt at a tricky corner ...

Pete
wwwboard

Re: Pirelli's ...

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Peter,

I certainly don't want to start one of these long conversations about tires. We'll leave that to the other lists! :-)

I had Yokohama AVSs at the time, and found them to be a great compromise for street and track.

Tom &nbsp