Build sheets

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Build sheets

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry Chesbro

I've finally been successful in requesting my build sheets from the Ferrari Owner's Site.

For more information on build sheets, heritage certificates or the owner's site, please look at Kerry's owner's site page.
wwwboard

Re: Build sheets

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

I went into the site this morning to see if my car (250 # 4247) was posted and had no luck.  They say the database will be complete by February, so they still have two days left.  Anyway, I am used to projects on this car taking longer than I had planned!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry Chesbro

I'm quite sure that your car has been done as I'm think that they are doing them in serial number order.  Try 03247gt for the chassis number.  That's the format that Ferrari told me to use for my 330 GT (08755gt).
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry Chesbro

I'm quite sure that your car has been done as I'm think that they are doing them in serial number order.  Try 03247gt for the chassis number.  That's the format that Ferrari told me to use for my 330 GT (08755gt).
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

After reading your web site, I tried that format (04247gt) and got the negative response (We regret that the Build sheet for this car is not in our database yet.  Please try again early in February 2002 when the complete archive of cars built between 1947 and 1968 will be available).  I will keep trying.  Should I email your contact at the site?
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

After reading your web site, I tried that format (04247gt) and got the negative response (We regret that the Build sheet for this car is not in our database yet.  Please try again early in February 2002 when the complete archive of cars built between 1947 and 1968 will be available).  I will keep trying.  Should I email your contact at the site?
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

On your site you mention that you are going to develop a primer for finding all the numbers on the 330 and America.  We should do the same for the 250 (which may be in the same location as the America).  I will look and see what I can find.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee

Kerry,

I did as you suggested, tried 2811gt, no luck. Tried 02811gt, still no luck. Tried several other random # in this range, none came up. I then tried 05931gt, a Lusso I maintain, and it came up. Perhaps they still are not finished, or maybe a batch of early documents was lost. The purpose of old cars, Italian ones most of all, is to teach us patience. I've now had today's lesson, and am much relieved.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee

Kerry,

I did as you suggested, tried 2811gt, no luck. Tried 02811gt, still no luck. Tried several other random # in this range, none came up. I then tried 05931gt, a Lusso I maintain, and it came up. Perhaps they still are not finished, or maybe a batch of early documents was lost. The purpose of old cars, Italian ones most of all, is to teach us patience. I've now had today's lesson, and am much relieved.