Looking for new Borrani wheels for 365 gt 2+2

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Looking for new Borrani wheels for 365 gt 2+2

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Gabriel Aractingi

Hello,

After looking all over the net, I am turning to the wisdom of this board to try to see whether I can find new Borrani wheels for my 1970 365 GT 2+2. I currently have the alloys, but they need serious restauration. I would prefer getting new wire wheels. Does anyone know if I can get new Borranis (abd which ones) or even replicas (Dayton... - which model).

Many thanks
Gabriel

PS: i'm located in the UK
wwwboard

Re: Looking for new Borrani wheels for 365 gt 2+2

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Yang

Hi Gabriel

Try:
http://www.wirewheels.co.uk/introduction.htm
I heard they make a reproduction that looks very similar, and are located in the UK.

Boranni still makes these wheels, but they can't be cheap! I never took down their number, but I'm sure someone who visits this site has the contact information for them in Italy.

Unless your wheels are completely destroyed, it will ultimately be cheaper than buying new ones!

Another thing to consider is the alloy wheels are stronger than the wires, for that extra weight of your 365.

Good luck, and let me know what you find so I can put them on my "suppliers" list.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

I finaly foud the Borrani manufacturer. They are now owned by a group called Gianetti Ruote (itself part of a larger italian manufacturing group). I spoke with a friendly salesperson there who gave me the following information:
* They still produce all the Borrani range (for example the ones I was looking for RW 4075)
* They produce several million regular steel wheels, and about 400 Borranis each year!
* All Borranis are build to order. Delays: approximatly 6 to 8 month
* The wires are chrome plated, not stainless. Rim is alluminium
* They can sell direct to anyone except the US, the UK and germany where they have distributors
* Contact is Mrs. Anna @ +39.02.932651 or sales.dept@gianettiruote.it
* For info, the 15 * 7.5 are €926 plus 20% VAT each (about $900).

Hope anyone cares...
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

I finaly foud the Borrani manufacturer. They are now owned by a group called Gianetti Ruote (itself part of a larger italian manufacturing group). I spoke with a friendly salesperson there who gave me the following information:
* They still produce all the Borrani range (for example the ones I was looking for RW 4075)
* They produce several million regular steel wheels, and about 400 Borranis each year!
* All Borranis are build to order. Delays: approximatly 6 to 8 month
* The wires are chrome plated, not stainless. Rim is alluminium
* They can sell direct to anyone except the US, the UK and germany where they have distributors
* Contact is Mrs. Anna @ +39.02.932651 or sales.dept@gianettiruote.it
* For info, the 15 * 7.5 are €926 plus 20% VAT each (about $900).

Hope anyone cares...