carbs verses injection

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

carbs verses injection

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by andre

Just heard the sound of a 365 with carbs, i just love the sound, Is there any thing I can do to my 400i injection to inhance the sound.

wwwboard

Re: carbs verses injection

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Yang

Hi Andre,

It depends on which sound you're looking for! If it's the high "whoosh" of the induction sound, you may be out of luck. Those cast plastic intake runners in your 400i do a pretty good job at muffling that suction sound, and modifying any of that may cause serious drivability issues!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by andre

what about different mufflers, as long as it still sounds like a ferrari, and not a chevy.

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by andre

what about different mufflers, as long as it still sounds like a ferrari, and not a chevy.

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Andre,

There are so many sounds being produced, so there is no definitive answer to your question. As an audio engineer, I know that sound is a very subjective matter. These days, people seem to like that "reedy blap" noise coming out of 4-cyl Hondas, so it's really a matter of taste!

One thing for certain is that your car will NEVER sound like a Chevy with the cadence of that V-12 running under the hood!

Tom &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Andre,

There are so many sounds being produced, so there is no definitive answer to your question. As an audio engineer, I know that sound is a very subjective matter. These days, people seem to like that "reedy blap" noise coming out of 4-cyl Hondas, so it's really a matter of taste!

One thing for certain is that your car will NEVER sound like a Chevy with the cadence of that V-12 running under the hood!

Tom &nbsp