Andrew-Phillip Goalen - are you there?

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Andrew-Phillip Goalen - are you there?

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Simon

Hi Andrew

Saw the details of your 400i that Tom has posted. I'm in London with a 77 400 that I have also been restoring. Email me (simonc@ccgxm.com) and we can compare stories.

Simon &nbsp
wwwboard

Re: Andrew-Phillip Goalen - are you there?

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Simon,

Andrew didn't send me anymore information on his car than what you see on the owner's gallery. If he contacts you see if he has anything more to add to his entry. Thanks!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Andrew-Phillip Goalen

hi Simon & Tom,

just finished replying to you both with more details on my car, I'll post more photo's and details as soon as I can put them into my pc. after a fun weekend playing with siezed brake calipers I now have even more respect for Tom's calm methodical approach (you really don't want to know how much damage a flying calliper does!!!!)

If anybodys interested I'm thinking of getting some sort of register together for these cars with a list of supliers for spares. &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Simon

I was also thinking the same idea and did create www.400register.com to cover all of the 400-series body shape. Haven't got very far with it since the end of last year. Thierry, another 400 owner in France who hangs out here is also interested in helping. As is Gabriel Aractingi, a 365GT 2+2 owner (previous shape), who is in  London. Just don't know where to start really, with time being my biggest problem. I have loads of details of thing like track-rod end manufacturers and powder coating experts in the UK.

Are you the guy who had a little peice done on his car in the FOC magazine last year and found that Volvo brake seals fitted a 400? Do you know where the brake master cylinder/servo comes from. I need to change mine since I'm sure it has the wrong one fitted.

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Simon

I was also thinking the same idea and did create www.400register.com to cover all of the 400-series body shape. Haven't got very far with it since the end of last year. Thierry, another 400 owner in France who hangs out here is also interested in helping. As is Gabriel Aractingi, a 365GT 2+2 owner (previous shape), who is in  London. Just don't know where to start really, with time being my biggest problem. I have loads of details of thing like track-rod end manufacturers and powder coating experts in the UK.

Are you the guy who had a little peice done on his car in the FOC magazine last year and found that Volvo brake seals fitted a 400? Do you know where the brake master cylinder/servo comes from. I need to change mine since I'm sure it has the wrong one fitted.

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Andrew-Phillip

Hey Simon

no I'm not the guy from the FOC article, however I do know that the Brake's are the same as for a BMW 635 CSi, so you may want to start at the bmw dealers by cross referencing the part numbers on your servo with the ones on their system (that's how I got my brake pads for £26!) &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Andrew-Phillip

Hey Simon

no I'm not the guy from the FOC article, however I do know that the Brake's are the same as for a BMW 635 CSi, so you may want to start at the bmw dealers by cross referencing the part numbers on your servo with the ones on their system (that's how I got my brake pads for £26!) &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Simon,

I think it's great that there's interest in creatinng a 400 Register, and will do anything to help! It's a lot of work to compile all the information, but try not to let that keep you from doing it. Start small, and build from there. There's still a ton of stuff I want to do with this website, but it grows everyday. It's coming up on three years in the making, so you can see that things don't happen overnight.

Kerry Chesbro, who runs a 330 Registry, may have some thoughts on how to create a form for 400 owners to fill out to register.

Tom Yang
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Simon,

I think it's great that there's interest in creatinng a 400 Register, and will do anything to help! It's a lot of work to compile all the information, but try not to let that keep you from doing it. Start small, and build from there. There's still a ton of stuff I want to do with this website, but it grows everyday. It's coming up on three years in the making, so you can see that things don't happen overnight.

Kerry Chesbro, who runs a 330 Registry, may have some thoughts on how to create a form for 400 owners to fill out to register.

Tom Yang