reproduction 250 swb competition

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

reproduction 250 swb competition

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Alex Elfers

Help

We have a 250 gte which we want to convert to a competition 250 swb (race use) , Who knows a coach builder who could create a body only (plus conv. the chassis roll bar etc) the mechanicals interior etc we can do in our own workshop

please could you give us a indication on timing, work , price

kind regards

EC RacePrep. shop
ECHistoric Race team

Alex Elfers
Rosmalen
Netherlands
wwwboard

Re: reproduction 250 swb competition

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Alex,

I'm not sure if I want to even acknowledge this request! I hate to hear about another GTE gettting cut up!

There were some English shops that did this kind of work in the 80s, along with a plenty of shops in Italynear Modena, but many have gone into hiding because the Ferrari Factory was not too happy about this kind of work and sued.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry Chesbro

DK Engineering (www.dkeng.com) and Terry Hoyle (www.racecar.co.uk/hoyle) have built bodies/replicas in the past.  Both are in the UK.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Peter Skudder

Why not make the grid interesting by racing the 250 gte!!.

While it will never be as light as a competition 250 swb, I am sure you could make it work reasonably well, with the usual race modifications.

After all is racing a 250 Ferrari really about winning? I think not. As if you were that worried about creating a racing career you would be racing in a serious national series, not playing with classic car racing.

Pete
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jonathon

I too am loath to give you the following, as I hope the GTE you have is in terrible shape, and not just a solid candidate for restoration.  That said, there is this outfit: http://www.hietbrink.com/ in the Netherlands, which looks to be exactly the place you are looking for.  Very interesting site, I wonder if they have a 330GT mold?

Cheers,
Jon