Carpet kits

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Carpet kits

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mark Polazzo

I am looking at redoing the carpet on my '67 330 GTC.  I have found this site which claims to be able to do a kit for the Sixties Ferraris...

http://www.autostyles.com

Does anyone have any information on them or can they lead me to another pruveyor of carpeting for Ferrari 330's?  I need black by the way.

Best,

Mark Polazzo
wwwboard

Re: Carpet kits

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Mark,

I highly recommend having a set of carpets custom fit to your car. ALL 60s Ferraris are different, and the shape of the floorpan is no exception. Ready made carpet sets may fit O.K., but all it takes is one little difference in size and you may have a quarter inch gap in the carpet that will show through to the floorpan. Will you be able to live with that flaw? Will they take the carpet back if you're not satisfied? How about after you glue some of the pieces in?

Wilton Wool is the correct carpet for your car. I believe there are three grades, I,II, and III, but I always forget which is which. The one you want is the plush cut type, not the loop type.

Hirsch Auto should have what you need in raw carpet. Do you have the old pieces?

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Keith

Note that that website says "preformed" carpet kits. Somehow that makes one think that this is less than optimal quality. And at less than $300 for the kit, it pretty much guarantees it.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by william speer

you should talk to matt jones at reoriginals. he advertises in hemmings and actually lives in my area ( houston,tx). in my dealings with him, i have found him to be great to do business with. if something isn't right, he will do everything to make it right or refund your money. in his catalog, he has carpet for  the 330 gt. his shop and knowledge basis is amazing. i have a dino gts and he has been a tremendous help in tracking down hard to find items at a very good price. he sources everything through the original manufacturers that provdided the fabrics and materials to ferrari and the coach builders. he can be contacted at:

(713) 849-2400
13601 fm 529  suite i
houston, tx 77041

he also has a large inventory of 250 and 330 parts and restoration supplies amongst other things
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jonathon

Mark,

Another outfit offering interior stuff is http://www.worlduph.com/ferrari.htm .  They have seat rebuilding kits also, and some trim pieces.  I spoke with them at the Monterey Historics last year, and they were very helpful.

Bill White has just gone through this, and found out that is is almost the same money to have a good upholsterer custom fit the carpets for your car.  The plus side to this is that you get your choice of colors too.

I'm sure Bill will chime in on his experience (right Bill?) - his 330GT interior LOOKS FABULOUS!

Cheers,
Jon &nbsp
wwwboard

Re: Carpet kits (My links page)

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jonathon

BTW, I've been trying to gather in one place all links I can find, and have them sorted by topic.  So I have a couple of links for interior bits, several for wheels, etc.  Also, when Tom says 'check the usual suspects' - I have links for some of them too!

I'm still transferring all my bookmarks, but if anyone else has any to add, I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,
Jon

http://www.jb330gt.com/LinksPage.htm