330Gt restoration

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

330Gt restoration

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by jan roukema

i'm restoring a 4 headlight 330GT , number 6633, and looking for a right headlight chrome rim
wwwboard

Re: 330Gt restoration

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

There's one on ebay right now, but the side isn't mentioned and the picture doesn't show. You'll need to ask the seller for more details.

Dennis McCann (http://www.allferrariparts.com/parts_list.cfm) shows one.  Just enter 2428203102 in the search by part number.  Be sure to confirm side as the description is Right Side, but this is the LH part number (2428203002 is the correct part #, but that brings up a LH description).  Don't choke on the price.  Remember, you could afford to buy the car :)
Ebay auction
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Kerry,

Although I know you're joking, I disagree with "Don't choke on the price.  Remember, you could afford to buy the car :) " because it's an attitude that makes it so difficult for us to restore these cars. Some of the same parts on my car will fit on a $250,000 dollar Ferrari, so I'm left with paying what those guys can afford! Sure, I'm not restoring a Ford, but sometimes it's just not fair!

Hmm, it's Sunday. Too bad I'm not anywhere near Hyde Park!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Keith

There's one on Ebay right now.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jonathon

Hi Jan,

Fantastic to hear another 4 headlight 330 is being restored.  FWIW, Tom Shaughnessy contacted me to say he has many parts for our 4 headlight cars, so he may be able to help.  The best way to reach him is by phone at (949) 366-6211, or by gt40mirage@aol.com

We would love to hear about your car - what is it's condition, what are you doing to it?  I'm going to guess that many 4 headlight 330s were rebodied after terminal body rust set in - which should leave a couple of headlight trim rings lying around.

I also see you don't have an entry in Kerry's 330GT database - would you please share what you know of the car, and its history?  Nothing personal is required, but it sure would be great to know just how many are still around and in what form.

http://www.parrotbyte.com/330GTRegistry/

Cheers,
Jon

&nbsp