330 GTC Hood pad design and pattern

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

330 GTC Hood pad design and pattern

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Joel Benatar

I am looking to get the design and pattern for the hood pad on my 330GTC 1967 (9055).This car is on the Ferrari's Owners Gallery. I recently got the material from Lyle Tanner and went to install the pad and to my horror found the bottom channel for the pad completely filled with bondo and paited black. I have removed most of it so that it can be made the correct way
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Joel
wwwboard

Re: 330 GTC Hood pad design and pattern

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Joel,

Sorry to hear about the bondo. I hope it's not evidence of a past repair of the hood surface. Be careful how much you remove so that it doesn't affect the support and paint on the other side.

If any GTC owners have pictures of their underhood area, and would like to share, I'd be happy to post them somewhere on this site for everyone to see.

Thanks.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Enrique Landa

New 330 GTC owner, read about your hood pad issue...

found one on the market letter...

here is the ad, hope it helps....

Best,

Enrique Landa

330 GTS front hood with padding, slight damage, $500; used horn button, imperfect, $100. 250/330 transmission with o/d, $1,750; large ashtray with flags, $500; smaller one with Ferrari emblem, $400; Marchal driving light, used, 670/680, $300; lead hammer, new, $100. DINO horn button, $300. DAYTONA ashtray without insert, $250.   2/01

Steve Barney, lottalira@aol.com, fax 336-644-9595 (NC)

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Keith

I need to replace mine as well. I have the old torn one. Will measure the diamond pattern and post as soon as possible.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jonathon

Keith,

The measurements would be great - if you could, would you also get the max height and
width needed for the GTC while your at it?.

FWIW, the hood pad for a couple of models of Alfas looks like a dead ringer, but I haven't bought one to see if the pattern or dimensions would work:

http://www.centerlinealfa.com/CatPgs2001/Page%209.pdf

Cheers,
Jon

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Keith

The diamond patterns measure 7"W x 7.75" H. This is from an original hood pad for a 330GT. I should be able to get the max height and width of a GTC hood this weekend. Will post when I have the information.