400 suspension original color

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

400 suspension original color

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Thy

Hi,
A few days ago I started to clean up my 400 suspensions.
I only worked on the front ones so far, and YES, Simon, it takes ages...
After removing a lot of s... , I discovered remainings of what seemed to be paint, on the triangles, for exemple, there was some black paint. The discs protections are light bleue. Some parts are original aluminium...etc
Does anybody would know what is the original color of all these suspension components?
Thank you
Thy

wwwboard

Re: 400 suspension original color

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Simon

My suspesion seems to be black with nickel coating on the inner ends where teh bushes are. Maybe tehy should be 100% nickel plating but I decided not to do this. I cleaned mine and painted them satin black. The 'triangles' on the rear are gloss black and the brake disc protectors are gloss black (I don't think light blue is right!). I painted my brake calipers red with special caliper paint. I had the springs cleaned and powder coated in satin black and my shock absorbers and self levelling units are orange - in the UK Ford Carnival Red is almost an exact match to Koni Orange.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Thy

Ok, Thank you  Simon, everything is the same except the discs protectors. The light blue looks old and surprisingly original. Some rust spots as well that requires treatment.
Thierry
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Thy

Ok, Thank you  Simon, everything is the same except the discs protectors. The light blue looks old and surprisingly original. Some rust spots as well that requires treatment.
Thierry