Car events

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Car events

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Yale

I thought it would be great if we posted some East Coast events on Tom's board that maybe some of us could use as possible future meeting sites. Here are two I have found:

May 5th Reading Concours. ("The 275 will be the featured model") It is at the      Reading Country Club and you can just show up (free) or if you want to enter  your car you can pay $60 a person and get lunch. (610-926-4382)

June 6th Italian Car Concours. At the Boston Museum of Transportation in Brookline Mass.  (617-547-4005)

I know there is a big Italian car thing at Pocono Raceway and the Greenwich Concours in Ct. but I don't have those dates. Anyone else?

(And of course on the West Coast I am sure many of us will be at the obvious ones in August. )
Best Yale
wwwboard

Re: Car events

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by John Ashburne

The Greenwich Concours is June 1 and 2, with the prewar classics showing on Saturday and postwar European sports cars showing on Sunday.

They also will have on display some vintage motorcycles, boats and a 1927 de Haviland D.H. 71 airplane this year.

I showed my 400i there in 1999 and the organizers (Bruce and Genia Wennerstrom) couldn't have made entrants feel more welcome.  The show proceeds benefit Americares.

A fantastic show to attend and highly recommended!
wwwboard

Re: Car events (new date)

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Yale

oops...though I read June 6th* for the Boston event it is actually June 2nd, (same as Greenwich Concourse, shame.)

*The FCA event list said the event was on June 06/02 which, as it turns out, wasn't refering to the year. &nbsp