Build Sheets?

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Build Sheets?

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

I posted my old car's particulars on the Ferrari owner's site a few weeks ago.  It looks like my car is in their database, but I haven't heard anything from Ferrari. Can anyone tell me what happens next? Do they email me?

Deane
wwwboard

Re: Build Sheets?

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Simon

When I got my heritage certificate Ferrari put an 'alert' in teh Alerts section of 'my' area on the site which pointed to a pdf file for me to download. I don't know if this is the same for the build sheets though, it may be worth checking.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jim

Here's my story with the Ferrari Owners Site:
I have a 330 GTS for which I have been communicating with Ferrari for both the Build Sheets and an Heritage Certificate.  
First, the Ferrari people have been consistently polite, and their English translation of Italian is quaint.  That said, here's my saga to date:
They request specific digital photos of the car's exterior, "internal" engine number, the car's "internal" number (stamped on the frame, not the riveted badge on the fender wall of the engine compartment), and the serial numbers of the transmission and differential (for me, the transaxle).  It has taken multiple comunications with them to satisfy their definitions of these numbers (I thought it straightforward, though the transaxle # is a mystery, even to the man who rebuilt it).  After final acceptance of my downloaded pics, Ferrari curiously replied that my requests were denied because my Engine & Frame Internal #'s didn't match!  I rubbed my eyes, brought up my file, and even more curious, the pictures clearly showed matching numbers.  I related this to Ferrari (in polite terms, always), and in turn, their most recent email (Fri., 4/12; the're closed on weekends) asked me to confirm that the original engine was still with the car (emphatically, yes!).  Does this mean Ferrai is about to concede and provide the Build Sheets/Heritage Certificate to me?  I sure hope so; and, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Important:  you will find it hard to download many pictures of your car at the Ferrari Owner's Site.  A better way to communicate with them after the initial requested photos are entered is to send emails with photos as an attachment (pdf files only!).  But, the attached photos are limited in number, as too many will cause failure of delivery of your email.  Through trail-and-error, it seems two photos per email gets through.  It has been this alternate email route which has allowed me to have rapid communication with them, and provide additional photos (espec. of the transaxle), which I feel will allow me to prevail in this quest
The email address is: www.CUSTOMERSERVICE@OWNERS.FERRARI.COM.
I'll update you guys as to the outcome(s).
Jim
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jim

Here's my story with the Ferrari Owners Site:
I have a 330 GTS for which I have been communicating with Ferrari for both the Build Sheets and an Heritage Certificate.  
First, the Ferrari people have been consistently polite, and their English translation of Italian is quaint.  That said, here's my saga to date:
They request specific digital photos of the car's exterior, "internal" engine number, the car's "internal" number (stamped on the frame, not the riveted badge on the fender wall of the engine compartment), and the serial numbers of the transmission and differential (for me, the transaxle).  It has taken multiple comunications with them to satisfy their definitions of these numbers (I thought it straightforward, though the transaxle # is a mystery, even to the man who rebuilt it).  After final acceptance of my downloaded pics, Ferrari curiously replied that my requests were denied because my Engine & Frame Internal #'s didn't match!  I rubbed my eyes, brought up my file, and even more curious, the pictures clearly showed matching numbers.  I related this to Ferrari (in polite terms, always), and in turn, their most recent email (Fri., 4/12; the're closed on weekends) asked me to confirm that the original engine was still with the car (emphatically, yes!).  Does this mean Ferrai is about to concede and provide the Build Sheets/Heritage Certificate to me?  I sure hope so; and, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Important:  you will find it hard to download many pictures of your car at the Ferrari Owner's Site.  A better way to communicate with them after the initial requested photos are entered is to send emails with photos as an attachment (pdf files only!).  But, the attached photos are limited in number, as too many will cause failure of delivery of your email.  Through trail-and-error, it seems two photos per email gets through.  It has been this alternate email route which has allowed me to have rapid communication with them, and provide additional photos (espec. of the transaxle), which I feel will allow me to prevail in this quest
The email address is: www.CUSTOMERSERVICE@OWNERS.FERRARI.COM.
I'll update you guys as to the outcome(s).
Jim
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

When Ferrari asks about the engine number, they mean the numero interno (internal engine number).  This is a different number than the chassis (serial) number which is also stamped on the engine.  In looking at the attached picture, 8755 is the chassis number with 1790 being the internal engine number.

So by matching numbers, Ferrari wants to see the numero interno number match the engine that they installed in the chassis originally.

In the case of my 330 GT, both numbers are in the one picture, so there was no question about them.

From my understanding of the numero interno, these are stamped on the blocks sequentially when they are made.  It's only when the engine is selected to go into a specific chassis that the chassis number is stamped.  The internal number allows tracking of the engine before it's mated to the chassis.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

When Ferrari asks about the engine number, they mean the numero interno (internal engine number).  This is a different number than the chassis (serial) number which is also stamped on the engine.  In looking at the attached picture, 8755 is the chassis number with 1790 being the internal engine number.

So by matching numbers, Ferrari wants to see the numero interno number match the engine that they installed in the chassis originally.

In the case of my 330 GT, both numbers are in the one picture, so there was no question about them.

From my understanding of the numero interno, these are stamped on the blocks sequentially when they are made.  It's only when the engine is selected to go into a specific chassis that the chassis number is stamped.  The internal number allows tracking of the engine before it's mated to the chassis.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

Yes, you will get the Alert box flashing once the build sheet is available for downloading.  Then go to the build sheet web page, and you will find a link like:

Other requested documents  

571 Gran Turismo-08755gt

in the lower right.  This is an self-extracting executable file, which unzips to a PDF file containing the build sheet pages.  Just pay attention to which directory you unzip the PDF file to so you can find it when opening it with Adobe Acrobat.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

Yes, you will get the Alert box flashing once the build sheet is available for downloading.  Then go to the build sheet web page, and you will find a link like:

Other requested documents  

571 Gran Turismo-08755gt

in the lower right.  This is an self-extracting executable file, which unzips to a PDF file containing the build sheet pages.  Just pay attention to which directory you unzip the PDF file to so you can find it when opening it with Adobe Acrobat.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jim

Dear Kerry:
Thanks for the added info.
So,  the engine has two numbers stamped near the bell housing on the R side, and one of these numbers will also be stamped on the frame;  correct?  And, in my case that number is 10567.
Jim

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jim

Dear Kerry:
So,  the engine has two numbers stamped near the bell housing on the R side, and one of these numbers will also be stamped on the frame;  correct?  And, in my case that number is 10567.
Jim

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jim

Dear Kerry:
Jim

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hello All,

I finally decided to give the Ferrari owner's site a shot. After filling out all the fields, I get an error message of "Not checked radio Found"

Any ideas?

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hello All,

I finally decided to give the Ferrari owner's site a shot. After filling out all the fields, I get an error message of "Not checked radio Found"

Any ideas?

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

In my case the build sheets are not available from the Ferrari Owners Site.  Therefore, is it possible for them to confirm that my car is original, given that they no longer have the data?