Build Sheets?

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Re: Build Sheets?

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

In my case the build sheets are not available from the Ferrari Owners Site.  Therefore, is it possible for them to confirm that my car is original, given that they no longer have the data?
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jim

When I had trouble(s) with the Ferrari Owners web site, I discovered I could get help and provide extra pictures through their email at:  WWW.CUSTOMERSERVICE@OWNERS.FERRARI.COM.
Jim
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jim

When I had trouble(s) with the Ferrari Owners web site, I discovered I could get help and provide extra pictures through their email at:  WWW.CUSTOMERSERVICE@OWNERS.FERRARI.COM.
Jim
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jim

Excuse me.  There's no WWW. in front of the email address.
Jim

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jim

Excuse me.  There's no WWW. in front of the email address.
Jim

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

A "not checked radio" is a button on thier web site.  Well, at least the site is a start!  It could've been in Italian.

For picture uploading, I found that I had to reduce my jpg files to 640x480 before the site would accept them.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

A "not checked radio" is a button on thier web site.  Well, at least the site is a start!  It could've been in Italian.

For picture uploading, I found that I had to reduce my jpg files to 640x480 before the site would accept them.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

My '63 250 GTE does not have the internal engine number stamped above the serial number like yours.  However, it does have a number on a polished section immediately below the serial number.  On my engine it is "948/62 E".  I assume that 948 is the internal engine number and E is the engine type.  I don't know about the "62"; maybe it is the year the block was made.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

My '63 250 GTE does not have the internal engine number stamped above the serial number like yours.  However, it does have a number on a polished section immediately below the serial number.  On my engine it is "948/62 E".  I assume that 948 is the internal engine number and E is the engine type.  I don't know about the "62"; maybe it is the year the block was made.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

That's the number that Ferrari wants for the engine number.  

On engines earlier than the 330 ones, I've seen then internal engine number stamped on the vertical face of the block just below where the chassis number is stamped.  It's a lot more difficult to read and much harder to take a good picture than on a 330 engine.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

On engines earlier than the 330 ones, I've seen then internal engine number stamped on the vertical face of the block just below where the chassis number is stamped.  It's a lot more difficult to read and much harder to take a good picture than on a 330 engine.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

The Owner's site wants that same numbers for the heritage certificate (w/o the pictures).  If they issue the certificate, then they have confirmed that the numbers match their records and the engine, transmission and differential are original.

So apply for the certificate and see what happens.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

The Owner's site wants that same numbers for the heritage certificate (w/o the pictures).  If they issue the certificate, then they have confirmed that the numbers match their records and the engine, transmission and differential are original.

So apply for the certificate and see what happens.