sun roofs on Ferrari

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

sun roofs on Ferrari

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bernard Fahimian

Hello all,                                                                     are there any owners of 2+2`s out there with factory sun roof on their car? If so what kind of headliner and hardware were used. Does any body have any info on history of this option on Ferraris. Thank you Tom for info on numero interno. Regards Bernard
wwwboard

Re: sun roofs on Ferrari

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Yale

The sun roofs I have seen on the 330's were made by Webesto. It was a cloth affair that, from what I have heard, leaked and caused quite a bit of wind noise. John Lennon's car had one, link below, as did the fellow that just completed the Inca Rally. Wesbesto (I am not sure of the spelling) also makes the metal sun roof on my 1985 Mercedes diesel wagon and I think they may still be around.
wwwboard

Re: sun roofs on Ferrari -missing link

Post by wwwboard »

wwwboard

Re: sun roofs on Ferrari -missing link

Post by wwwboard »

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee2811

The correct spelling is Webasto. They're still around, see www.webasto.de. Aint the internet grand?
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee2811

The correct spelling is Webasto. They're still around, see www.webasto.de. Aint the internet grand?
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Thank you for your responce; the sun roof on my car, a 365GT2+2 is made by WEBASTO. I am now finishing restoring the car so i will call them to see if they have any idea what was used as rubber seals around the sun roof. A friend told me this could be the same as Porsche. Any feedbacks? Does any body know if there are any records left from Modern Classic Motors since my car was purchased from them in Nevada?
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Thank you for your responce; the sun roof on my car, a 365GT2+2 is made by WEBASTO. I am now finishing restoring the car so i will call them to see if they have any idea what was used as rubber seals around the sun roof. A friend told me this could be the same as Porsche. Any feedbacks? Does any body know if there are any records left from Modern Classic Motors since my car was purchased from them in Nevada?
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee2811

Is the sunroof on your car steel or fabric? If it is steel, and the same as the installations on period BMW and Porsche, the seal is actually made of soft aluminum, covered with flocking and wrapped around a small rubber bead. The stuff wasn't very durable. The type used by BMW was grey, I've seen some Porsches with black. It should be available from any of the aftermarket suppliers for those marques. I've done many installations, feel free to contact me if you need any additional help.
Good luck.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee2811

Is the sunroof on your car steel or fabric? If it is steel, and the same as the installations on period BMW and Porsche, the seal is actually made of soft aluminum, covered with flocking and wrapped around a small rubber bead. The stuff wasn't very durable. The type used by BMW was grey, I've seen some Porsches with black. It should be available from any of the aftermarket suppliers for those marques. I've done many installations, feel free to contact me if you need any additional help.
Good luck.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee2811

Good luck.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee2811

Good luck.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Thank you again for your help; the sunroof on my car is steel with very intricate aluminum frames and channels. The original seal ( 30 years old ) was all fabric with nothing inside. After painting the car we installed 2 Porsche seals since one did not have the right length. I am trying to find other owners of 2+2`s who might have a factory sunroof on their car. I will check some of the other after market suppliers to see if i can find a better alternative.                regards......Bernard
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Thank you again for your help; the sunroof on my car is steel with very intricate aluminum frames and channels. The original seal ( 30 years old ) was all fabric with nothing inside. After painting the car we installed 2 Porsche seals since one did not have the right length. I am trying to find other owners of 2+2`s who might have a factory sunroof on their car. I will check some of the other after market suppliers to see if i can find a better alternative.                regards......Bernard