Knock Off Wheel Torque Wrench Kit

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Re: Knock Off Wheel Torque Wrench Kit

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Jim,

Does this picture of Francois' hammer answer your question?

I want to make my own knock off wrench, but I will have to see if it meets Francois' approval!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jim

Dear Tom,
Yikes! what a hammer!  Looks like it would hurt your arm to use.  I have a "pure" lead hammer from Hendrilx Wire Wheel (336-852-8908), which they claim is softer than the usual lead hammers, and therefore, less damaging to the knockoffs.  But, I wouldn't expect much less damage with an errant blow to rim or body.
Jim
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jim

Dear Tom,
Yikes! what a hammer!  Looks like it would hurt your arm to use.  I have a "pure" lead hammer from Hendrilx Wire Wheel (336-852-8908), which they claim is softer than the usual lead hammers, and therefore, less damaging to the knockoffs.  But, I wouldn't expect much less damage with an errant blow to rim or body.
Jim
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jim

Dear Tom,
Jim
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by John Vardanian

Mark,

I would like to see a picture of your wrench if it's not too much trouble.  Thanks.

john
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by John Vardanian

Mark,

I would like to see a picture of your wrench if it's not too much trouble.  Thanks.

john