Oil hose problems

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Oil hose problems

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Enrique Landa

I regretfully had the primary oil hose of my 330 GTC break during a drive last week. Oil was everywhere, but luckly I stopped the engine on time and prevented any damage to the engine.
Finding a new hose has not been so easy, does anyone know where I can find the appropriate metal lined oil hose for my car?

Thanks,

Enrique Landa
wwwboard

Re: Oil hose problems

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jack Horner

Unless you are using the car for Concours events you may want to look into having your mechanic use high pressure racing type hoses such as Aeroquip(sp?)  The original type have a tendency to leak no matter how tight the clamps, and/or break/burst as you discovered.  Glad you saved it in time.  Jack
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Enrique,

I'm glad you didn't hurt the engine! I'm sure it's a mess, but look on the bright side. How do you think the British cars keep their engine compartments from rusting?!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Aaron Masters

Enrique,

I don’t know if this will meet your needs – it is how I solve the problem of old, less than trustworthy oil hoses, but it is not an “original type” solution.

We have a local radiator and hydraulic shop here in town (Auburn, CA).  I took my hoses there and had all 4 hoses replaced with industrial hydraulic line – 1000 PSI @400 Degrees F. It cost about $250.00. The hoses are slightly larger in diameter and stiffer than original but the solution is as bullet proof as I could make it.  The shop removed the old hoses from the banjo fittings and brazed on hydraulic line crimp fittings.  This arrangement has been in my C4 for a year now and functioned flawlessly.

Aaron

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by tim

Aaron, what's the name of the shop.             tim (in Carmichael)
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by tim

Aaron, what's the name of the shop.             tim (in Carmichael)
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Aaron Masters

Tim,

Servicenter Radiator & auto
530 – 885 – 2282
Borland Av.
Auburn

Behind Old Town – take Lincoln through town, first right on Borland after you pass under the
Rail road tracks.

If you want to see what they look like on the C4, drop me an Email and we can schedule a time to meet.
I work in Roseville over by the new mall – My C4 will be at Roseville Rod & Custom tomorrow getting some exhaust work done.

Aaron

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Aaron Masters

Tim,

530 – 885 – 2282
Borland Av.
Auburn

Behind Old Town – take Lincoln through town, first right on Borland after you pass under the
Rail road tracks.

If you want to see what they look like on the C4, drop me an Email and we can schedule a time to meet.
I work in Roseville over by the new mall – My C4 will be at Roseville Rod & Custom tomorrow getting some exhaust work done.

Aaron

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Aaron Masters

Tim,

530 – 885 – 2282
Borland Av.
Auburn

Rail road tracks.

Aaron