Fresh Air Duct

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Fresh Air Duct

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by John Vardanian

I need a new fresh air duct for a 250 Lusso.  Does anyone know of any material that would be a good replica of the original?

The duct in question is corrugated and approximately 3-4 inches in diameter.  It brings fresh air from the front of the car to the interior.  It is constructed similar to the average household drier vent hose.

If there isn't a hardware-store type material out there then do any of the parts suppliers provide an exact replica?  Unfortunately I do not know what the original duct looks like, as what there is on the car is non-original.

Thanks for your help.

john

wwwboard

Re: Fresh Air Duct

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

I found mine at a marine supply store.  Boats use all kinds and sizes of ducts, so if you live near a good store, you should find something close.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bernard Fahimian

Check out NEWCO Products in Chatsworth Ca.  E-mail Add is Newco@earthlink.com. Click on Ferrari Restoration and you will see Air Ducts. Good luck........Bernard
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi John,

The hose you need is obviously the width of the hole in your inner fender, but the materal is cardboard that I have not seen anywhere else. I've seen a black dryer hose used as a substitue, but I think it looks horrible! If you end up buying the real stuff, and end up paying by the inch for it, make absolute sure it's the right stuff. There's no sense paying for the wrong stuff. If I get a chance to photograph the right stuff on a Lusso, I'll send you a picture.

Remember, Lussos were built by Scaglietti, so some of the materials were slightly different from the Pininfarina built cars. Don't assume the vendors will remember.

Tom