Clowns

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Re: Clowns

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee2811

There is only one REAL Ferrari in that list- The Daytona. Its the only V-12.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee2811

There is only one REAL Ferrari in that list- The Daytona. Its the only V-12.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Aaron

And I always thought there was a certain amount of responsible behavior that “should” go along with wealth, or at least a reasonable amount of manners and consideration for others around you.  I suppose empathy for the interest and hobbies of your fellow man would be out of the question. Oh well – I have been wrong before.

I generally do not respond to such prose, but in this case I want express support for Tom’s web site. It is a site I look at 4+ times a week. I have learned things and made a few friends.

My sincere thanks to all that support this site,

Aaron

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Michael Sallas

Hey I thought in America we all had the right of Free Speech,  this is a democracy last time I checked? So if this guy as an opinion why not state it.  In some ways he may have a point regarding the restoration, some do it one way others may have the funds to do it professionaly. God knows if I did have the funds I would do it professionaly. Now to the moron on the web site who decided to use profanity, Todd he got you there you have to be a numb skull to go to that level.  

Michael
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by A sabbah

I agree its a free country and that is first! he is allowed an opinion. But alas, I feel I must confess, I know who he is, anyway I believe I know who he is, I know he has bought cars from Symbolic in the past, and no their not kit cars to the guy with the Fiero hardon. I am just suprised he only mentioned 5, there is talk of a one off Super America that is in the collection, worth big bucks.   I think Michael Sheehan in Orange County got it for him. I am not writting this in his deffense but I do know for a fact that those cars exist and they all belong to him, along with a few other makes of exotic cars. Hey good for him if he can afford it. As far as giving serial numbers, why not just give out social security numbers also, hey if any one out there is so willing to give out Ferrari serial numbers we have got to be crazy, especially when it comes into some of the higher end and older models, you just dont let go of those numbers so easily unless your a fool, so in that case he is right. I also agree with Michael re. Todd's use of profanity, this is no place for that.  &nbsp
wwwboard

Re: Clowns - Sorry

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Todd

Everyone,

I agree this is not a place for profanity. If you read Ricky's first post, though, he offerred up the first salvo of poor taste in language. His blast of superiority and arrogance offended me as I am an avid reader and supporter of Tom's site. I am building a project car around a 365GT 2+2 drive train and this site has been a wonderful resource for tips and ideas (FWIW I am not permanently altering any important parts, so the drive train will be preserved for a future restoration should I, or someone else, so desire - the original car was too far gone).

I overreacted and fell victim to the temptation of poor taste.

As for our credibility here, I too own multiple cars: a 1999 Yellow F355 Berlinetta, a 1997 Red F355 Spider and a 1990 Red 348ts in addition to the project car (a fellow message boarder can vouch for this). I also have a 360 on order. The new cars are great, but I want an old V-12 too.

If Ricky does have those cars, great, but it does not make him (or any of us) any better than anyone else, even the crazy people who spend countless hours and bushels of money restoring, say, an Alfa Duetto or 1967 Mustang.

I wonder what he thinks about my uncle who is restoring an old late sixties Chevy pickup just for fun?

Tom, keep up the good work. Oh, yeah: I hope today is not a slow day. I am dying to see some major progress!!!

Todd
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Richard Hills

Todd, I think your uncle as good taste in trucks, I love old trucks! In regards to 5 or 6 or for that matter numerous exotics, what difference does it make, when it is numerous, I only mentioned the ones that were making the journey to Pebble Beach.  Not sure who wrote the bit about the Super America, but yes its true, a one off!  To Tom, thank you for allowing me to express my opinion, and yes GOD BLESS AMERICA and our free speech! To the clown who mentioned the Gold Chain, tell you what, I think I can muster up a few hundred $$ a get a real fat gold chain, I promise you I will wear it at he Concourse, that way you wont miss me!
And come up and introduce yourself. To the guy who thinks the Daytona is the only true Ferrari, oh man you are wrong, great car YES, but there is so much more out there that is both new and old in Ferrari terms. Most fun for the bucks will have to go to a 328 or 308qv, well ballanced!.  Most intoxicating would be the 512BBi, man at higher rpms, the boxer is amazing! best handling, probably a 360, but I think a 355 is a tad more fun. Again this is my opinion! By the way the Daytona is for sale
its not a spyder, that means GTB!

Ricky,  yeah from 90210 land, you know the one with amazing blondes!
wwwboard

Re: Clowns - Sorry

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Keith

To all,

I'll echo Todd's sentiments here as I probably over reacted as well. But, I do not suffer fools lightly. While I agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion, it does not mean they are entitled to be rude. Wealth and priviledge is not a subsitute for class and integrity. I am a multiple Ferrari owner as well, but because I love the cars and the history, not because I am out to impress someone. I am currently working on a 330 and this site and Tom's advice have been invaluable. Those of us that restore/refurbish old cars know that we do it for the love of it. I enjoy the research, hunting parts and greasy cut fingers. I enjoy spending $300 for a part that would have been $25 on my old Porsche. I enjoy my wife's reaction when I tell her that I "need" to buy another old car or motorcycle. I am a sick man. We also know that the financial/time investment is ALWAYS greater than what the car is ultimately worth. The same holds true with a "professionally" restored car.
With that said, I've been doing this for a long time and have met many really great people in this hobby. Its a shame it takes only one to spoil it.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Michael Sallas

If its Rick in Beverly Hills, he got Phil Hills Award for Special Merit on a Super Fast at Quails Lodge a few years ago.  Pompous is right, but freedom of speech and all that.

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Allan

Rick,

I am a hard working young guy looking to get a Ferrari, I have a deal for you. Since you must travel up to the Bay Area how about I keep one in my garage. I will keep in it in top shape and even pick you up at the airport.

Allan &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Erik

Ricky, what a big shot ! FIVE Ferraris ? I am so impressed I cant breathe.

From what you listed in your post, none of them is exceptional, so why do you make such a big deal out of it ???

I dont understand.