Heritage cert, need # formatting help

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Heritage cert, need # formatting help

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

I went through the archives, looking for examples of numbers being submitted, but I am not sure that I have all the answers. I was told that a build sheet was not available for my car, so at least I am trying to get a heritage certificate. But everytime I try, I get an error...

When I enter my serial number, the system says that it is not valid !
I have looked at the example certificate and clicked "More Info". Neither one of them provides information about format of the numbers:
Is it serial number 4823, 04823, or 04823GT? I tried all combinations. The ID plate on the car says just 4823.
Here is the data. Can someone compare the format to see if I got the right numbers, number of digits?

1963 Ferrari 250 GT 2+2
serial 4823
engine number 126F
engine type 3.0 litre V12
gearbox type 4 Speed OD
Gearbox number 508E55719
Axle number 25363 7X32
Type of Axle: Bernal

If this does not work....Does anyone have an e-mail address for the Ferrari archivist? I have one for the Alfa Romeo woman..

thx in advance
luke
wwwboard

Re: Heritage cert, need # formatting help

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by zac

read the previous post by Tom and Kerry as to the engine tpyo numero Ferrari wants the number of the engine stamped above or next to the chassis number on the engine block without it you will not recieve anything
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

There's an email link on the owner's site where you can write for help.  It may take a while, but eventually someone will figure out what the problem is and let you know.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

It was not that. It seems you have to insert the serial number with a space "4823 GT". Of course, this is the only combination I have NOT tried...
:)
thx
luke

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

It was not that. It seems you have to insert the serial number with a space "4823 GT". Of course, this is the only combination I have NOT tried...
:)
thx
luke

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mike Plechaty

Maybe you have figured out this problem by now. If you have, it would be interesting to hear what you did.
The Heritage Certificate site is specific to NOT include a space when entering serial numbers. Thus, 4823gt would seemingly be what they want. But, the Build Sheet site only wants the numbers, ie., 4823. &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mike Plechaty

Maybe you have figured out this problem by now. If you have, it would be interesting to hear what you did.
The Heritage Certificate site is specific to NOT include a space when entering serial numbers. Thus, 4823gt would seemingly be what they want. But, the Build Sheet site only wants the numbers, ie., 4823. &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mike Plechaty

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mike Plechaty

For my GTE, this is the format of the info needed--note the spaces in model & chassis #:
Car model: 250 GT 2+2
Chassis #: 2553 GT
Type of engine: 128F
Number of engine: 2553
Type of gearbox: 508E
Number of gearbox: 48E

Just waiting to hear from Ferrari now....
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mike Plechaty

For my GTE, this is the format of the info needed--note the spaces in model & chassis #:

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mike Plechaty

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

Thanks. I tried it again. It would sure be nice if they gave formatting examples (in a small font, under the text field). Then again, I am hypersensitive, as human facotrs is my profession...
BTW, my gearbox had many more numbers. I guess something did change in the diff between series 2 and 3, a different ratio, I think.
63 250 GTE, SF, CA
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

Thanks. I tried it again. It would sure be nice if they gave formatting examples (in a small font, under the text field). Then again, I am hypersensitive, as human facotrs is my profession...
BTW, my gearbox had many more numbers. I guess something did change in the diff between series 2 and 3, a different ratio, I think.
63 250 GTE, SF, CA
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Luke Kowalski

63 250 GTE, SF, CA
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mike Plechaty

Luke,
The Ferrari site is pretty helpful & responds to email within 1 working day.

I don't know if that is my trans serial # or not, frankly; time will tell.

It would have been easier to have an example posted, but I suppose they are concerned about fake requests. When I requested a Heritage Certificate from Jaguar for my XK120, for example, they wanted all numbers and a photocopy of my certificate of ownership before they would even talk to me.