Fan belt clearance

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Fan belt clearance

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Pete

Tom,

I hope you have allowed heaps of clearance from the fan belt to those brake lines, remembering ofcourse that the motor will rock/move under braking etc. and the fan belt can vibrate between pulleys. Would hate for the belt to wear through a line.

Funny place for brake lines ... or is this down by the front cross member?

Anyway I am sure all is okay. I been wondering why your next update was not posted ... now I know ... you must be more patient than I.

Pete

wwwboard

Re: Fan belt clearance

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Pete,

I hope I made enough room too! My engine has four solid engine mounts that doesn't allow the engine to rock too much. Since the brake lines are down at the bottom pulley down by the bottom cross memeber, any rotation shouldn't bring the pulley any closer.  I also took into account the belt bouncing in the pullies. The only real way to check is to START THE ENGINE!

The way things are going, I may not be able to start her up until next Friday, and even then, there may be scheduling problems! Wish me luck!

Tom
wwwboard

Re: Fan belt clearance

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Andrew Brent

I don't think the motor's move very much on these cars. One trick which I saw on my aircleaner was to balance a quarter on the top of the aircleaner and then rev the engine.

If it's in tune, the quarter spins, not falls.