START!!!!!!!!!

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lowell Brown

Great.  Wonderful.  Congratulations!!!!!!  Lowell
wwwboard

Re: START!!!!!!!!!

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by simon

..... and congratulations from London, Tom. Fanatstic.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Thanks Lowell, and Simon!

I'm pretty excited! Although I've had some good milestones in the last few months, nothing beats hearing the engine fire up! Although I didn't mention it in the post, I tried out the clutch, and she moved on her own power!

I don't have seats in, so it was hard to do it safely, but I pushed her back, and moved her foward a few inches under power. Pretty cool!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Thanks Lowell, and Simon!

I'm pretty excited! Although I've had some good milestones in the last few months, nothing beats hearing the engine fire up! Although I didn't mention it in the post, I tried out the clutch, and she moved on her own power!

I don't have seats in, so it was hard to do it safely, but I pushed her back, and moved her foward a few inches under power. Pretty cool!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Dr.Ian Levy

Brilliant news Tom
Please God by my car.
The thought of  your car moving under its own power is  amazing.
Well done & happy motoring
Regards
Ian  &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Chris

Hi Tom,

Bravo!  A running 250!  Where do we all line up for a ride? One suggestion moving forward is to use some caution to seat the piston rings with a proper break-in for the first 2000 to 3000 miles or so.  I believe that modest revs are a wise limit to start.  Varied engine speed on steady runs and opportunities for short, brisk mid-range acceleration (but not hard or heavily loaded acceleration such as up hills) are reportedly good exercises for seating rings.  Francois and the experienced engine builders out there probably have good advice on this!  Well done!

Chris
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Chris

Hi Tom,

Bravo!  A running 250!  Where do we all line up for a ride? One suggestion moving forward is to use some caution to seat the piston rings with a proper break-in for the first 2000 to 3000 miles or so.  I believe that modest revs are a wise limit to start.  Varied engine speed on steady runs and opportunities for short, brisk mid-range acceleration (but not hard or heavily loaded acceleration such as up hills) are reportedly good exercises for seating rings.  Francois and the experienced engine builders out there probably have good advice on this!  Well done!

Chris
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Chris

Hi Tom,

Chris
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by btmfdchn@aol.com

Nice feeling, isn't it.  This means you're driving it to Monterey this year, right?    tim
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Nice feeling, isn't it.  This means you're driving it to Monterey this year, right?    tim
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Parker

Nice going Tom! It has to rank as one of the most satisfying experiences to put something together, and see it come to life. Congratulations on a job well done and thank you for sharing it with all of us. &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by John Ashburne

Tom:

Let me join the many others in letting you know how happy I am that all of your work over the past years is really paying off!  What a fantastic feeling it must have been!  Congratulations and good luck getting it on the road quickly!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Yang

Hi John and everyone else who sent their congratulations!

I'm still pretty psyched! I've waited these past months for this one day, i haven't prepared much for the days following the startup! I need to insure and register the car, I need to install the bumpers, windshield, and transmission tunnnel, and I need to figure out when the upholstery can get started!

Tom &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Yang

Hi John and everyone else who sent their congratulations!

I'm still pretty psyched! I've waited these past months for this one day, i haven't prepared much for the days following the startup! I need to insure and register the car, I need to install the bumpers, windshield, and transmission tunnnel, and I need to figure out when the upholstery can get started!

Tom &nbsp