START!!!!!!!!!

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Re: START!!!!!!!!!

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

Outstanding!  I am going to hang on to those video's and watch them whenever I get overwhelmed with the work I have on my own car.  The engine sounds so great!  I look forward to the video of you driving out of the garage.  Congratulations.  &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Pete

Tom,

Just wanted to add my concrats.

Nothing like turning a static collection of metal and rubber into a living and breathing machine.

Now it is all the little details ... :). Trimming looks expensive, are you going to try and do some/all of this yourself?

Now we just have to wait for the next exciting installment ... the first road test :).

Your car should drive well as you have rebuilt all the important parts (that are often forgotten behind the shiny paint), i.e. suspension bushes and shockabsorbers. Can't remember if you did the steering box, but I am sure Francois would have checked it out, as he has for everything else.

Well done.

Peter Skudder
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Keith

Congrats Tom! Now all I have to do is get the exhaust system on and maybe mine will start again.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jack Horner

Tom, Congratulations.  We may get this thing in the article yet!  Jack
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jim Priser

Congratulations Tom! (a little late).

The news even made my day.

See you blur by out here someday?
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

Tom,

Please do drive it to Monterey! I've put a trailer hitch on my 330GTS in case you should need a tow while you're out west.

Just kidding, I'm sure your car will run fine!  The hitch is for actually for pulling my rototiller.

Deane
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

Tom,

Please do drive it to Monterey! I've put a trailer hitch on my 330GTS in case you should need a tow while you're out west.

Just kidding, I'm sure your car will run fine!  The hitch is for actually for pulling my rototiller.

Deane
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

Tom,

Deane
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Ruedi

Congrats on getting the engine started, Tom and Francois!

I finally had a chance to see the video. Your web site and progress is a great inspiration for my project (Alfa Romeo 2600 Touring Spider).

Cheers,

Ruedi