ferrari daytona tool kit

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

ferrari daytona tool kit

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by pamela wagner

need ferrari daytona tool kit. it would be a 365GTB-4 or 365GTC-4. any ideas for me?  Thank you in advance! Pamela Wagner
wwwboard

Re: ferrari daytona tool kit

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Dr. Ian levy

Hi Pam
There is one advertised in E-Bay Parts & Accessories Item number 1835115848. Advertised as being for cars from 1975-1986 it is identical to the one in my 1972 365 GTC4.
Hope this helps
Good luck
Ian &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Simon

It is also very similar to the one missing from my 400 :-(

The layout of the spanners is different though. According to the parts manual the 400 should should have 8 spanners ranging between 6-22mm and these are laid out side by side in the tray. The eBay tool kit seems to show one row of four spanners but, looking closely, it appears that there two spanners per 'slot', one on top of the other.

It's probably the parts manual diagram that is showing the wrong layout. Can anyone confirm this.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Simon

It is also very similar to the one missing from my 400 :-(

The layout of the spanners is different though. According to the parts manual the 400 should should have 8 spanners ranging between 6-22mm and these are laid out side by side in the tray. The eBay tool kit seems to show one row of four spanners but, looking closely, it appears that there two spanners per 'slot', one on top of the other.

It's probably the parts manual diagram that is showing the wrong layout. Can anyone confirm this.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Andrew Goalen

Simon

it is two spanners in one space (at least in my kit) if you fancy making a tool kit I could lend you mine to copy!!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Andrew Goalen

Simon

it is two spanners in one space (at least in my kit) if you fancy making a tool kit I could lend you mine to copy!!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Andrew Goalen

Simon

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Simon

Thanks but I may not return it, the temptation not to return it might be too great. Close up pictures would be nice if you have any - that way I can see what mine should like.

I'm sure previous owners  just keep the toolkits as momentos. I've tried to buy a few from eBay but they all just get to silly money. I decided that $500-600 was about the correct figure for one of these for my car but the ones I've seem always make a lot more than this. I just find it hard to justify $1,000+ for a tool kit I'll never use.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Simon

Thanks but I may not return it, the temptation not to return it might be too great. Close up pictures would be nice if you have any - that way I can see what mine should like.

I'm sure previous owners  just keep the toolkits as momentos. I've tried to buy a few from eBay but they all just get to silly money. I decided that $500-600 was about the correct figure for one of these for my car but the ones I've seem always make a lot more than this. I just find it hard to justify $1,000+ for a tool kit I'll never use.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Simon