Lusso

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Lusso

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Paul Schwartz

I'm looking for leads on a Lusso.  Any help would be appreciated.
wwwboard

Re: Lusso

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Enrique Landa

Paul,

Where are you located, US - EU? Depending on where you are I could offer different paths to helping you. I am the process of finding Jose in Spain a car and a mechanic in his area. For the moment you can chase down this lead, it is with Michael Sheenhan at www.ferraris-online.com he has a car that I have not seen, but many people have and claim is a good driver, but not a show winner. The car is about 129,000 but it has been on sale for a while so the seller may be more motivated. Give Mike a call, he is a very knowledgable Ferrari guy and should be able to help you. His car is black and in California. A local dealer in Southern California has access to a collecter's red/tan car that was in the neighborhood of 150,000. That car is ready to show and I think showed in Pebble Beach a couple years back, I have photos if you want to see them drop me an email.
What type of a Lusso where you looking for, a restoration project, a car to drive on sundays or a car to show? Give us some more details and we will try to be of more help. I can confrim however that it is a wonderful car.

Best,

Enrique Landa
Mike Sheenan's Lusso
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Paul Schwartz

Enrique,

I live in Orinda, CA near S.F.  I called Michael a few weeks ago and he said the Lusso was sold and went to Germany.

I will spend what is appropriate for the car.  I'm finished doing restorations.  But I plan to work on the car.  Are you a dealer?   I would appreciate pics of the S. CA car.

I am also selling or will put towards partial trade a 1956 Austin Healey factory 100M.  It is back over red with red interior.  Last tally it is one of 115 cars left of the 640 cars designated by the factory for 100M conversion.  It is unique in other ways as well.

Regards,
Paul
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Enrique Landa

Paul,

No, I am not a dealer but I do know one and I will put you in touch with him about the Lusso. Give me a couple days.

Best,

Enrique Landa
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by peter gabriel

There is a Lusso in the current issue of Hemmings. A Connecticut car. There are 2 Lussos' in the current issue of the Ferrari Market Letter. One in England at Paul Barbers' close to $190,000, it's been listed for a long time. Th other one is in Florida S/N 5533 1964. Part of a collection for 18 years. 95,200 km. $125,000. tel. 407 645-5244. Could be an interesting car. Good luck. It' a great car. I still have mine after 35 years. And I think it could be a great investment, as I believe it is an undervalued car. Maybe signs are starting to show, what with that RM car going for $209,000.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by peter gabriel

I submitted a lenghty follow up on a few Lussos' but it did not show on the message board. However it is in the system as #2352 if you enter it in search you shoud get it,
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by peter gabriel

surprise, it surfaced.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Paul Schwartz

Thanks for your help, Peter.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Paul Schwartz

Thanks for your help Enrique.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by zac

I think Tom Shaughnessy has a nice driver for sale still for somwhere in the 145k range. and he may also have acess to a very nice burgandy car if it is still for sale &nbsp