250 Valve cover ball and tank fuel filter

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

250 Valve cover ball and tank fuel filter

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by John Vardanian

Does anyone have an original Bakalite valve cover ball I could purchase.  I am missing one and don't want a remanufactured ball as it would not match the rest.  I have called all parts suppliers I know and all I could find were new replacements.

Also, I would appreciate any leads to finding a fuel filter that goes to the end of the fuel pick up tube in the tank.  Again, I have called the parts people with no luck.  Thanks.

John
wwwboard

Re: 250 Valve cover ball and tank fuel filter

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi John,

If you polish the other ones, they should match the new one you buy!

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Wilson

Fred Petroske ( petroske@gisco.net ) is parting a 250 GTE.  You might try him.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Andrew Brent

Hi,

You might find it amusing that I know this, but there is a suttle difference to the cam cover knobs verses today and what arrived in 62. The old ones have a solid ring around the center sides of the ball... the new ones have a serated ridge type. Very suttle difference, but of course you can tell if you see them close up. Do not know where the originals could be found, you could just buy four new ones I suppose.

As for the tank filter, I played around with various materials till I found some steel mesh wire from the hardware store, and it's held on with a solid core wire to close the "open end" and make it into a bag over the end of the pickup tube. This has worked for 5 years now.

Bye.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Andrew Brent

Hi,

You might find it amusing that I know this, but there is a suttle difference to the cam cover knobs verses today and what arrived in 62. The old ones have a solid ring around the center sides of the ball... the new ones have a serated ridge type. Very suttle difference, but of course you can tell if you see them close up. Do not know where the originals could be found, you could just buy four new ones I suppose.

As for the tank filter, I played around with various materials till I found some steel mesh wire from the hardware store, and it's held on with a solid core wire to close the "open end" and make it into a bag over the end of the pickup tube. This has worked for 5 years now.

Bye.