Fasteners?

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Fasteners?

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mike Theo

Okay, so what do you guys do for the nine million different screws, washers, and nuts in an old Ferrari's interior?

In a former life, restoring Shelbys (see below), I could order a complete set of interior screws for any year I needed, cheaply.  Is there such a thing for a 63 GTE?  I know that it is probably a dumb question, but what is the answer.  Is there at least a list of sizes for each application?

Thanks,

Mike

wwwboard

Re: Fasteners?

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Chris Coios

Hi Mike,

Try calling Newco Products (on the web). They have Ferrari based trim screw assortments and Ferrari restoration specialty items.  Any major metric supplier in your area may also be able to help and direct access to a metric supplier is least expensive.  Also, look up "Bossard" on the web.  This metric distribution company has an excellent technical manual/catalog which has dimensional data for all classes and types of metric hardware.  An old edition is best, but hard to find.  Though not as comprehensive, the  current version of the book is available at around $75, and still a good reference for matching up sizes.  Find the Bossard distributor in your area and you may be able to order it.  Unfortunately, metric dimensional standards have changed since these old Ferraris were made.  For example, the typical LOBO 8MM bolt or nut used by Ferrari had a head 14MM across the flats compared to the current 13MM.  By the way, I think there is a difference between Pininfarina and Scaglietti bodied cars with respect to the interior trim screws?  One used slotted heads and the other Phillips?  I do not remember the application!

Chris
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by tim

Newco lists the 14mm across flats 8mm nuts as well as lobo trademarked bolts and lots of other things that tend to get lost during a restoration (or just the life of the vehicle).  Does anyone out there have any experience with them?            tim
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by tim

Newco lists the 14mm across flats 8mm nuts as well as lobo trademarked bolts and lots of other things that tend to get lost during a restoration (or just the life of the vehicle).  Does anyone out there have any experience with them?            tim