Palo Alto Speedo

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Palo Alto Speedo

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bryan P

I am on the verge of sending my clock to Palo Alto Speedometer for a quartz rebuild.  Deane had good things to say about PAS a while back.  Has anyone had a bad PAS experience?
wwwboard

Re: Palo Alto Speedo

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by John Vardanian

I sent the whole set of the instruments from my 53 Aston Martin to PAS.  That would be six gauges.  There were at least three instances where I was not happy with them.  I no longer use their services.  As with others who converted, I use Moma in New Mexico.  They seem to care more about old cars.  Their prices may even be lower than PAS.  One of the parteners Marguerite is the one I have been dealing with.  She is a nice person and cares about doing a good job.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi John,

Send me the information, and I'll add it to the supplier's page.

D&M restoration did a great job on my clock, they also do quartz conversions.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi John,

Send me the information, and I'll add it to the supplier's page.

D&M restoration did a great job on my clock, they also do quartz conversions.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Keith

I've used PAS on many occasions (they're just up the street from my office). Rebuilt lots of 356 gauges for me and did a great job - a little pricey though.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Steve

I would not  use Palo Alto. They are overpriced and don't really care about the old guages. They were unable to fix one guage and charged me a nice sum to tell me it was not working. I new that already! The other guage was the clock which they fixed but returned to me with a broken pin that holds the adjustment extension to the clock body. I would suggest using one of the other vendors mentioned. This company is a case of spending a fortune in advertising to get customers and not delivering the goods.