Symbolic

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Symbolic

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Lee Sanders

I saw this car Monday.  It is one of the best restorations I have seen in years, especially the engine compartment.  It was a money-no-object restoration in conjunction with the Neathercut Museum of LA.  It is restored to concours plus.  As Sheehan would say "Pay for the restoration and get the car free", except this restoration was $100k+.

Symbolic wants $79k and has the documentation.  The radio is not an issue.

Lee
wwwboard

Re: Symbolic

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by BryanP

The restoration is gorgeous, and I'm sure even more so in person.  Just curious, though; why isn't the radio an issue?  It doesn't look like a vintage 1966 radio . . .  I've heard that some judges do not deduct points for non-original quartz replacements for clocks; do they apply the same logic to replacement sound systems?  I'm sensitive to the radio issue, having worked hard to reinstall the original radio and having been penalized for the big round speakers that the previous owner poked thru the metal kick plates at the bottom of the interior door panels . . . just another item on the 'to do' list.
wwwboard

Re: Symbolic

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Erik Nielsen

We don't take points off for a modern radio.  The rules (see number 10) state: "acceptable provided the installation of such items is neat, unobtrusive, and does not detract from the original appearance of the automobile."  So long as you don't put a 3 screen DVD player with 6 amps and four remote controls, you're probably okay.  If you want to spend $25k on neon and everything, put it on a Civic and not a 308 GT4.

We just changed the rules last year and there is no deduction for a quartz clock instead of a mechanical one.

The guidelines are available at the attached link.

IAC/PFA Guidelines