Windscreen, etc.

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Windscreen, etc.

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Pete

A real difficult job, installing windscreens. I remember watching the professional install my Alfa Sud windscreen (I broke the old one removing it to attack the A pillar rust ... something other Sud owners will know all about :) ) and at first it did not look like it was going to fit at all.

But amazingly the 'professional' was not worried and wiggled here and there and next thing it was perfect ... by this stage I was thinking I was going to have to redo the work on the A pillars, assuming I had got the measurements wrong.

Thus I am sure Francis will wiggle it in and WE all can enjoy the first drive video!!!!

BTW: er, I notice that the carbs appear uncovered ... I hope something does not drop in without anybody noticing. One of the better uses for duct tape.

I also watch the progress at www.alfarestore.com of a 2000 GTV and you guys are neck and neck at the moment, i.e. both at the trimming stage ... lucky buggers, I'm still at the derusting stage :(

Pete
wwwboard

Re: Windscreen, etc.

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Pete,

In my anxiety to get the car on the road, I offered to try and install the windshield, but Francois refused to let me try for my own good! "You break de windshield, den what?"

Tom