308 restoration

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

308 restoration

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Oof_N_Goof

Hello...new 308 owner....turning my own wrenches on this one...would like to know if anyone has a wiring schematic for a 84 308 GTSi, or know where I can get one.  Need the schematic for the engine compartment....specifically, license plate lights, and power antenna...seems the licence plate light is disconnected, and power antenna is replaced by a mickey mouse manual, and wires are cut.  Have a replacement antenna, but have no clue where the wires are connected to.  Any help is greatly appreciated
wwwboard

Re: 308 restoration

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Erik Nielsen

Dear Oof and Goof:

I believe that there is a WD in the owners manual for the 308 series cars.  If you don't have one, you may want to try the owners link and download one (you must register first).  If you run into problems, I can be talked into getting one for you...

Regards,
Erik

Ferrari Owners Site
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom Treue

Oof:

Erik is correct.  There is a complete wiring diagram in the owner's manual.

In my (now gone, replaced by a 330GT 2+2) 82 European 308GTSi there is a three-position console switch for the antenna.  At one extreme, the antenna extended.  At the other, the antenna retracted.  At the spring-centered position, nothing happened.  I don't think an antenna compatible with that switch and circuit is available, BUTTTT, a standard electric antenna can be modified to operate in the original manner.  See my article in Prancing Horse 132 (or 131).  Or write back here.

Plan B:  A modern electric antenna could be wired into the car's circuit circuit to operate in the modern manner.  The new antenna needs a constantly hot wire, a connection with the antenna terminal on the back of the radio and a ground and the RF coaxial cable, both already in place next to the antenna mount.  When you turn on your radio the antenna will extend, stopping when the internal limit switch is opened.  When you then turn the radio off, the antenna will retract again stopped by the antenna's limit switch.

Good site for V8 (mainly 308) service info:
www.ferrarichat.com
wwwboard

Thanks, Tom, Erik

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Oof_N_Goof

Just purchased the owner's and the shop manual.  Identified the leads for the antenna, now have  to trace three other cut wires, green, brown, and red, along with another cable that has a connector similar to a parallel printer cable.

Thanks for responding

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Doug

The lights for the license plate are powered by a wire that runs along the right side of the deck lid.  A connection is made near the hinge.  Is this wire connected?  

I replaced my antenna with a brand new, modern antenna.  You might have to run a few new wires.  On mine, I have the signal wire, a new wire that goes to the battery directly, and anew wire that goes to the back of the radio.  &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Oof_N_Goof

Thanks for the antenna tip....the license plate light wire is not connected...I suspect the other part of the wire has fallen in the wheel well...will have to take the rear inner fender off and hope it's there

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Oof_N_Goof

Thanks for the antenna tip....the license plate light wire is not connected...I suspect the other part of the wire has fallen in the wheel well...will have to take the rear inner fender off and hope it's there