"The Bug"

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

"The Bug"

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Todd

Everyone and especially those here who have not yet purchased or driven a Ferrari:

I must agree with an earlier post from Ricky Hills. Every Ferrari is unique and has a personality of its own. Once you get "The Bug," which I think is inevitable if you ever own a Ferrari, it is hard to ever part with a car.

I originally bought a 1990 348ts to "try" Ferraris to see if I liked them. I thought I would trade up if I felt it was worth it. I told myself, though, DO NOT LOOK AT DUPONT, ROB REPORT, ETC. ANYMORE!

That only lasted a couple of weeks. Today I have the 348 plus a F355 Spider and F355 Berlinetta and a project car being built around a 365 GT 2+2 drive train. Each car has its special pluses and minuses that make them all incredibly involving to drive and great joys (I assume this will apply to the project car). Even so, I am still looking! Luckily, I can afford to keep them.

For those enthusiasts who are looking to this site for some feel as to whether they should take the initial Ferrari plunge, I heartily encourage you to do so! YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR WHOLE IDEA OF WHAT CARS CAN BE.

Please, however, be cognizant of the special treatment these cars need. Either pay to have it done right (it is very worth the money) or look to this and other great sites to find out how to do it right yourself. Drive the hell out of it, but just don't abuse or neglect the car.

PLEASE don't do as a local Ying-Yang does with his 308 and take it to the local 15 minute oil change place! I shudder to think of the condition of those timing belts or what's gonna happen to that car when they break and he can't afford to fix it!

Happy motoring to all,
Todd
wwwboard

Re: "The Bug"

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Ed Marlin

Hey I agree 100%, with you and Richard Hill,
I am 52 Years of age, have owned a host of automobile, and all I can say is that Ferraris are the only autombiles that make you feel the way they do, and you never want to sell one, just add another one to the collections, even if the collection is 1.  You will always want another one, trade up never but always want to buy another...And they are all different, but all give a great thrill....
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Wayne Ausbrooks

This is my first time visiting this site and I've been reading through all of the posts.  I found the posts by Mr. Hill and his 90210 buddies especially amusing.  I know this is off the subject but I have to ask:  Mr. Marlin, are you related to Mr. Hill in any way?  Your "voice" is very similar to his.  Just curious.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

This is my first time visiting this site and I've been reading through all of the posts.  I found the posts by Mr. Hill and his 90210 buddies especially amusing.  I know this is off the subject but I have to ask:  Mr. Marlin, are you related to Mr. Hill in any way?  Your "voice" is very similar to his.  Just curious.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Ed Marlin

Why I was not aware that you could hear my voice through this web site?

Ed
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Ed Marlin

Why I was not aware that you could hear my voice through this web site?

Ed
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

I've heard things, Ed.  I've heard things.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

I've heard things, Ed.  I've heard things.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Ed Marlin

Wayne,  you wont believe it but
I have heard things also. No they were not about you, you know Wayne, its not always about you.

Ed
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Ed Marlin

Wayne,  you wont believe it but
I have heard things also. No they were not about you, you know Wayne, its not always about you.

Ed