Which Ferrari ?

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Which Ferrari ?

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mikel

Hi there,

Well, I would like to have some advice from here.

I've been playing with the idea of buying a used Ferrari. I have to say I'm not a rich guy, I'm a engineer who works for a quite big company; good salary but when you have 3 kids and a wife...Well, I have to say I like all models but especially I have always been in love with the 512TR...red one please ! I have been looking several cars and they go from 55k € to 85k €. I assume the cheap ones always would need some "extra" work...and as I want a car to be driven and enjoyed ( weekend car )  and not to stay in the garage I think It is always better to go for a nice one. But how expensive are this cars to run ? I have read maintenance can be a nightmare on those cars ( high performance )

Perhaps I should continue dreaming ?

Best regards.

P.S: I apologise for my poor english, I'm not american !
wwwboard

Re: Which Ferrari ?

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Oof_N_Goof

Well, bud, if ya like the 512, then get it.  Be carefull of the garage and trailer queens, the ones that are not driven, but sho do look real purty, tho.  Why beware?  Cause they aren't driven, the wheel bearing grease is no longer grease but a solid mass....and heaven forbid you drive the queen home....better sell some securities cause the spindles and bearings.....ya...they ain't cheap.  So, if you get a queen, better trailer the car home, and go through the hoses, clean the bearings, and use new synthetic grease.
wwwboard

Re: Which Ferrari ?

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mikel

Thanks for the advice.

That is was I thinking. Cars are made to be driven, if they stay for a long time in the garage things may go wrong.

Most of the cars I've seen have less than 75k km. Lot of them are between 30k km and 50k km. I know mileage isn't the most important but the way the car has been driven and maintained...

Thanks again.