F1 312 Ferrari

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

F1 312 Ferrari

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Ade Maritz

The car's looking magnificent .... except for those godawful slicks! That beauty never ran on slicks, and I hope Francois yanks them off, and puts the proper treaded tyres on, before too many people see those abominations.

Heh. Kidding, of course. I'm sure Francois has a proper set of tyres waiting to go on.

Thanks for the pictures.
wwwboard

Should be on Firestones

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Pete

If my research and PC game is right (Grand Pre Legends ... great game :) ), Ferrrari were running Firestones at that time. And yes they would/should be treaded.

I wonder if the original designer would be worried about the extra stress on the suspension and chassis created by the slicks ... I guess not as they are way over designed compared to todays modern cars ... then again we have advanced monocoque (spelling ?) chassis nowadays which are heaps stronger that a space frame.

Yes it does not look right, but it still looks fantastic and yes I would love to hear her running :) :) :) :)

Pete
wwwboard

Re: F1 312 Ferrari

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Hi Ade,

Yes, it should have treaded tires, but they're not exactly avaiable! The original treaded tires came with the car, but I wouldn't put them on if the car is going around the track.

Whomever drives this car at the track should keep in mind how much more stress those slicks can produce on the suspension. A couple other things to keep in mind:

A roll bar that braces against the valve cover.
Hot coolant running through the chassis.
The Fuel cells surrounds the driver.
No crush zones, or real protection in the cockpit.

What did Hemmingway say about Racing, and Bullfighting?

Tom  &nbsp
wwwboard

Re: F1 312 Ferrari

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bernard

This picture takes me way back to my childhood! Is the car going to be shown anywhere?Bernard
wwwboard

MY F1 312 Ferrari

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by ALFRED MANNING

This is my car that is being restored & I don't care what some jumped-up-fool says it should have on!  I put on whatever tyres I dam well feel like!  It is my money after all!  I don't think any of you guys know what it is like to own a genuine racing going ferrari!
I have 275/GTB CN - 9551, and an old lusso.
Please do not comment on my choice of tyre!  It is my car - when it is yours you may comment.
wwwboard

Re: MY F1 312 Ferrari (Ummm, yeah, right, anyway)

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by That nagging little TRUTH AVENGER

Dearest ALFRED MANNING (you need to calm down a little fella, or you'll have a brain aneurism or something.  All those capital letters aren't good for you, friend),

Come on, isn't it getting a little crowded at pmptrading@hotmail.com for you and the rest of the boys in your brain?

Do you even own a car?  No, I mean a real one, not the red one with ladders and a bell.

Ciao Baby,

"TTA"

p.s. By the way, how did you find a 275/GTB with a 9551 serial number?  Another prototype "one-off" Ricky?  Also, I bet that lusso is a gem.  Do your knees hit you in the chin as you pedal it?  Now there's a technical question you can answer.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by That nagging little TRUTH AVENGER

Dearest ALFRED MANNING (you need to calm down a little fella, or you'll have a brain aneurism or something.  All those capital letters aren't good for you, friend),

Come on, isn't it getting a little crowded at pmptrading@hotmail.com for you and the rest of the boys in your brain?

Do you even own a car?  No, I mean a real one, not the red one with ladders and a bell.

Ciao Baby,

"TTA"

p.s. By the way, how did you find a 275/GTB with a 9551 serial number?  Another prototype "one-off" Ricky?  Also, I bet that lusso is a gem.  Do your knees hit you in the chin as you pedal it?  Now there's a technical question you can answer.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Ade Maritz

ROFL!

Hey, Alf, here's an idea - if you stick a '99 V-10 in that 312, it'll really start to go ..... ;) Course, you might want to change that ole aluminum tub for a carbon-fibre one, for extra speed. Heck, go all the way and bolt some aero on - then that little sucker will really fly!

Lol.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Ade Maritz

ROFL!

Hey, Alf, here's an idea - if you stick a '99 V-10 in that 312, it'll really start to go ..... ;) Course, you might want to change that ole aluminum tub for a carbon-fibre one, for extra speed. Heck, go all the way and bolt some aero on - then that little sucker will really fly!

Lol.