246 GT Euro turn signals

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

246 GT Euro turn signals

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mark Turczyn

I am restoring my 246 Gt that I have owned since '74.  Since I am making it for myself so I am converting it to Euro spec turn signals.  Does anyone have close up pictures on how the factory made the sheet metal in the cutouts for the signals to hold the turn signal assembly?  I hear that it is not the best way because the way they did it allows too much pressure on the plastic lens when you tighten down the nut to force the U shape holding bracket/signal assembly against the body.  I wish to see how the factory did it and then decide how to improve on it.

Close up pictures without the Euro turn signals installed would very helpful.

If this has been discussed before please point me to the article.

Thanks for your help
wwwboard

Re: 246 GT Euro turn signals

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by andrew

hi

superformance.co.uk have some schematics on their website &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mark Turczyn

Andrew-

Thanks for the pointer.  I have looked at their websit and have only found the line drawings for the turn signal assembly itself.  What I need is pictures of how the body holes are fabricated to accept the turn signal assembly.

If you know of someone in England that has a Dino or is restoring a Dino I would love close up pictures of the turn signal cutouts in the the nose of the car.  I assume that the factory just bent down the sheet metal around the hole as a lip to prevent the assembly from coming through when clamped in place. I just need some pictures and dimensions.  The US spec cars had a completely different set of turn signals that were inset-not flush mounted to the curve of the nose.

thank you for your help.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mark Turczyn

Andrew-

Thanks for the pointer.  I have looked at their websit and have only found the line drawings for the turn signal assembly itself.  What I need is pictures of how the body holes are fabricated to accept the turn signal assembly.

If you know of someone in England that has a Dino or is restoring a Dino I would love close up pictures of the turn signal cutouts in the the nose of the car.  I assume that the factory just bent down the sheet metal around the hole as a lip to prevent the assembly from coming through when clamped in place. I just need some pictures and dimensions.  The US spec cars had a completely different set of turn signals that were inset-not flush mounted to the curve of the nose.

thank you for your help.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by andrew

mark

I know someone who has just finished re-building a customers dino so I'll see if I can get a copy of the photo's
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by andrew

mark

I know someone who has just finished re-building a customers dino so I'll see if I can get a copy of the photo's
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by andrew

mark

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mark Turczyn

Thanks-  that would very helpful.  I am now in the proccess of hammer welding in the old holes and reshaping the nose.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mark Turczyn

Thanks-  that would very helpful.  I am now in the proccess of hammer welding in the old holes and reshaping the nose.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mark Turczyn

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Mark Turczyn

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Kerry

Contact Denny Schue  denny@royze.com.  He runs the Dino registry, so I'm quite sure that he'll have appropriate pictures.