trunk

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

trunk

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Yale

I have a series 1 330 (I realize I didn't mention this in my last message.) My car came with some dodgey wooden (and foam) piece over the spare tire in the rear trunk. I found an orginal aluminium spare cover and threw out that wooden bit. Now the rug that was over the wooden piece had stiffeners on both outside edges, is this the way it should be? Does the rug back there extend past the metal cover to cover the side pockets on either side of the spare tire? &nbsp
wwwboard

Re: trunk

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by tim

Greetings..  The carpet in mine (64 c/n 5769) goes to the edge of the metal cover and has 4 snaps to hold it down.  It has binding all the way around but no stiffeners.  There is also carpet across the front (vertical) part which wraps around the sides and is glued to the vertical members.  The pockets on each side are open and the inside of the body at this point is also carpeted (glued in place).  Then there are 2 carpeted pieces screwed to each side of the rear of the trunk, allowing them to be removed for access to the license plate screws.            tim

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Yale

OK. Before I got the aluminium cover I assumed the wheel cover covered the whole trunk and for some reason they stiffened the ends of the carpet (mine goes all the way to the edges of the trunk covering the holes) because the board they had put there just covered the wheel. Now I wonder why the hell they did that...I guess they lost the aluminium cover when they restored the car and couldn't figure out how the rug should go.

Dosen't stuff roll around back there and end up in those well areas? I guess I was a bit worried about dents to the body from inside the trunk.

Speaking of trunks I seem to have a leak as my carpet has been getting wet on the left rear most area, tail light gasket leak?

Thanks Yale
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Yale

OK. Before I got the aluminium cover I assumed the wheel cover covered the whole trunk and for some reason they stiffened the ends of the carpet (mine goes all the way to the edges of the trunk covering the holes) because the board they had put there just covered the wheel. Now I wonder why the hell they did that...I guess they lost the aluminium cover when they restored the car and couldn't figure out how the rug should go.

Dosen't stuff roll around back there and end up in those well areas? I guess I was a bit worried about dents to the body from inside the trunk.

Speaking of trunks I seem to have a leak as my carpet has been getting wet on the left rear most area, tail light gasket leak?

Thanks Yale
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Jack Horner

Yale,  run water from bottom of rear window, enough to get a good flow around the trunk lid and its gasket.  Keep it off the suspected tail light(s).  If no leak, spray at the suspected tail light.  Remember to dry this out completely afterward.  Have you looked underneath?  Our Series II has removable (sort of) drain plugs in the spare wheel well.  They can become dislodged or even dry up and leave space for water to come in, especially under wet road conditions.  If you do not have access to a hose and fawcet in your area, you are welcome to do this at our house.  Regards, Jack   &nbsp
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by tim

Greetings....  Yes things might roll around back there but I use the wells for such as paper towels and window cleaner, a couple of quarts of oil, a gallon of water, a tool bag (unfortunatly not the original), etc.  These trunks will swallow a lot of stuff.   tim

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by tim

Greetings....  Yes things might roll around back there but I use the wells for such as paper towels and window cleaner, a couple of quarts of oil, a gallon of water, a tool bag (unfortunatly not the original), etc.  These trunks will swallow a lot of stuff.   tim

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by tim