Door panel kick plate covers for 250 GTE

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

330 America

Door panel kick plate covers for 250 GTE

Post by 330 America »

I'm going to be replacing the decorative steel kick plate covers on my 330 America in the next 60 days due to the prior owner cutting them out to install aftermarket speakers.

With Tom's help, I've located a supplier who can provide uncut steel panels (originally for late '50's chevy) that will work for the Ferrari's. The set of uncut panels cost around $300-$350, but is enough to do 2 cars.

Does someone want to split the cost with me?
tyang

Post by tyang »

Another thought is to find someone willing to go to Danchuk in person and try to get them to sell us some uncut panels. They are located in Santa Ana, CA. Is there anyone who lives out there willing to go there as an ambassador to 2+2 owners in need?
http://www.danchuk.com

Tom
treue

Post by treue »

330 America,

I could use some of that material. I have a 67 330 2+2 (9129), so I need two fairly narrow pieces that run the entire length of the door panel, not generally square panels that go on one end as on the America. (I'm out of town, so I can't just run out to the workshop and measure the panels, but I think they're about 4" x 35".) I talked to Danchuk a few months ago, but they never got back to me, and I let it die for now. I'd be interested in going in on a buy of this material. Let me know.

Tom Treue
treue

Post by treue »

Hi 330,

I looked at my kick panels and they are 3-3/4" x 39". From Tom's pix yours appear to be about 7" x 13".

BTW, I live about 170 miles north of you in eastern OK, if I could be of assistance.

Tom Treue
Tom Treue
67 330GT 2+2, No. 9129 (former owner)
enio45

Kick Plates

Post by enio45 »

I can use a set of these also for my 330 2+2.....how many do we have so far.......if we get a large enought amount, i know a guy in Orlando that had them cut with a laser to duplicate the originals!! :)
tyang

Post by tyang »

O.K. that's three guys that need this stuff so far! Come on! Someone in So Cal help them out! Danchuk has to have sheets of this stuff before they cut them into the shape of the 57 Chevy tailfin. We need someone with the right friendly/persuasive demeanor to get them to sell it to us in sheets.

Anyone?

TOm
lukek

Post by lukek »

Add one more guy. Mine could use freshening.
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
Michael Greenspan

Post by Michael Greenspan »

Well, since I am in the initial stage of preservation / restoration I can be counted on to buy and put some of this stuff away for my car as well - so now it's four. And, we should probably start to look around for the chrome like vinyl or whatever trim panel material that is on the seat bottom kick panels - that stuff is always getting mangled when the seats are worked on.
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

While you are at it...any source for the similarly configured plastic seat trim on the outboard sides of the front seats bottoms of the 2+2s? Buddy Obara tried bending the Chevy kick plates but they kinked, Michael Bayer
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I am in Los Angeles, but could swing by Santa Ana sometime in the next couple of weeks. I will take one of my panels off to make sure I am looking at the right stuff. Let me see if I have the "friendly/persuasive demeanor" that Tom thinks I will need!

As I see it, we need the small panels (like my 250 GTE) for 330 America, Enio45, Lukek & Michael Greenspan. Treue needs two panels approximately 3-3/4" x 39". Anybody else out there want in on this?
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Tom (Wilson),

Thanks for stepping up to the plate!!! If we can work out a deal with Danchuk, I'm sure I'll buy some to sell to others who will need them in the future.

We'll be looking forward to hearing how you make out!

Tom
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

I may be interested in having a spare set for my 330 2+2. I'll need the larger variety. Does anyone have an idea of what these will cost?

Art S.
Bryan P

Post by Bryan P »

Count me in for my 365GT2+2 - I'll measure tomorrow.

Since I suffer from the same malady as 330 America (speaker holes) I also need two straight runs of the trim surrounding the panels . . .
330 America

330 Door Panel Kick Plates

Post by 330 America »

Guys - way to go! It looks like a half a dozen of us guys need this stuff. My 330 America left Rotterdam today (long story why it was stuck in Europe all month) but it arrives into Houston on Valentine's Day weekend and I will have it at the Ferrari body shop that week to begin "freshening up" the tidbits that need updating so this car is ready for Spring.

If Tom Wilson really wants to touch base with Danchuk, that would be cool -- otherwise, I plan to call them in 2 weeks when my car arrives.

If anyone gets a deal worked out with Danchuk first, count me in and I'll mail a check. Otherwise, we can coordinate pooling payment on this stuff in February so everyone can get their car updated prior to the good weather coming back.

Again, my thanks to Mr. Yang for making the Ferrari ownership experience a little easier on all of us.

Steve (330 America)
Dallas, TX
Steve Patti
Ferrari 330 Americ (5061) - SOLD
1988 Porsche 944 Rothmans Turbo Cup (ex-Bill Adam)
1988 Porsche 944 Rothmans Turbo Cup (7UP guest car)
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Steve,

You're welcome! I think it's great how we can all help each other! Now if we can just find that damn foil piece for the seats...

Tom
'63 330 America #5053