seat foil trim

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Ed,

I found a latex foam supplier that sold me a mattress that had the same "feel" as the original seats which I cut up, and formed into shape.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Leo

Post by Leo »

any update on this stuff from Mr. Greenspan or Mr. Yang???
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Paul,

The latest is we're still waiting for the manufacturer to make the foil for us!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
daffy

seat foil trim

Post by daffy »

I`m in. Put me up for a set.

Dag
330 GT 2+2 Serie II VIN 8495, 1966
Fiat DINO Coupe 246, 1971
Fiat Ritmo Abarth 1988
ISO Milano Diva 1959
Audi Urquattro 1984
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, 2006
Keith Milne

Post by Keith Milne »

I'm in as well . . .

Keith
Michael Greenspan

Post by Michael Greenspan »

I called the manaufacturer on Thursday and if I don't hear by mid-week I will call again. They were in the middle of moving a trillion yards of vintage upholstery when I placed the order, so they did ask for patience - which I am learning more about since buying 4969.
Michael Greenspan

Well, as you may have guessed the order fell into the great black hole of their moving They are going to give me a call and let me know what the latest ETA is. Lest you start to think that they are not reliable, Yale did get the material for the hood liner within days, as they promised. Michael
Leo

Post by Leo »

is there any update on this project???
Yale

Post by Yale »

Funny you should ask Michael got a -gold- sample of this material yesterday. They originally told him they can also make in silver and I am sure they can once enough people want some. Michael has a sample sheet which he is going to expose to Ferrari seat trims near and far to determine it's exact replication. Yale
Michael Greenspan

Actually, I got the stuff night before last and it looks quite good to me but I am just a beginner. It will go to Tom to do the parting and distribution as soon as I can hook up with him. I am anxious to do a next to the real thing comparison on my car this weekend. I expect that there will be a picture posted.
tyang

The seat foil in IN!

Post by tyang »

Hello All,

I finally got some time to pick up the seat foil trim from Michael, and here's a picture:
It is very close to the original, and considering most of the original stuff is either missing, or damaged beyond repair, this is a great alternative.

I believe you will need a 23X4 inch piece for each of the seats, and I will be selling them for $55 bucks a set including packing and shipping in the U.S.. I'm not sure how many I can cut out of the roll, but there should be enough to do for now. If you think you're going to re-do your seats in the near future, I would get some now. When I run out, I don't know when I'll reorder.

I'm accepting checks, but I also have a paypal account set up when you use my e-mail tom@tomyang.net

I'll start shipping these out after I get back from Monterey in August, but I can also bring some out to California if people want to pick it up out there. Just give me an idea how many want to pick it up, and I'll make sure I cut out enough. I'll charge $50 a pair if you want to pick it up in Monterey.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
enio45

Seat Foil

Post by enio45 »

Wow, it looks great, thank you tom

Ill take 2 sets pls and pls mail the pieces to me.

I will send to your paypal now!!
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Ed,

Thanks. In order to protect your privacy, I removed your address from your message. Send me an e-mail with the information, and I'll get working on mailing this stuff out.
tom@tomyang.net

By the way, we sent Buddy a sample and it meets his approval, and if you know Buddy, that's pretty good!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
tyang

Post by tyang »

This is just a reminder that this stuff is still for sale. It's pretty fragile stuff, so a lot of the roll is discarded because it gets damaged, and I don't know how much more I'll get off this roll.

After going to Concorso, I saw a lot of cars missing their seat foil! If you guys are out there, you better put your order in because this foil is selling out quick!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
eve23

Post by eve23 »

count me in for the trim as well tom....
eddie