PCH crashed Enzo to be rebuilt

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Rudy van Daalen Wetters

PCH crashed Enzo to be rebuilt

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

I was surprised to learn today that the now famous PCH crashed Enzo Ferrari is to be rebuilt. The person who I use to transport my cars, Malibu Towing, is the company that picked up the mess of a car on PCH after its spectacular crash. Malibu Towing has had the car all this time under sealed order in a separate locked facility. While at the Malibu towing yard, it was inspected by numerous government agencies including the FBI, CIA, Sheriffs Departments, Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, and Ferrari engineers who, the day after, removed the car's computer for analysis. Every authorized visitor had to sign in on a log to gain access to the car. Photos were absolutely forbidden. Apparently Ferrari bought the car from the Bank of Scotland and showed up with a box crate to ship it back to the factory. The factory felt that who ever ended up with the car would try to reconstruct it and it would be unsafe. They therefore decided to buy it and put it back together correctly and plan to offer it for resale. According to my source the factory feels that the car with such noteriety will bring a handsome price. The total tow bill was just over $9,000.00 the highest ever recorded by the towing company.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
1966 330 GT s/n 8705