330GTC Speciale

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Bernard Fahimian

330GTC Speciale

Post by Bernard Fahimian »

Does anybody know what was the result of the auction on the 330GTC speciale once owned by the late Princesse Lillian deRethy?Bernard
Ruedi

Post by Ruedi »

Do you know where and when and by whom the auction was?
Chris Coios

Post by Chris Coios »

The website for Artcuriel-Briest-Poulain-Le Fur lists results of the Paris auction on June 16. A number of the lots have no figures listed, including the lot for the 330GTC Speciale. The blank may be a representation of no sale and/or withdrawn? The estimate seemed very high, even considering the royal history. There is an article on this car in the current Thoroughbred & Classic Cars. Lovely coachwork with nice proportion and line, reflected well in the original silver-blue color. The rear window return into the long sail panels is a graceful Pininfarina detail.

Chris
Bernard Fahimian

Post by Bernard Fahimian »

Thank you Chris, i got a copy of Thoroughbred & Classic Cars and i read the article on this beautiful Ferrari. Wonder what was the estimate or the reserve. Must be one of the most original cars since she was the only owner. Bernard
El Wayne

Post by El Wayne »

The car didn't sell. Though the high bid was an astounding €520,000, reserve was set at a very optimistic €600,000. Why the seller didn't just take the money and run is beyond me.