Tom's Party at Quail

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

enio45

Tom's Party at Quail

Post by enio45 »

Tom, thanks again for a great gathering - always a good time, good chance to meet new faces and talk
F-Cars and restoration issues.

Many thanks again!
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
John Vardanian

Re: Tom's Party at Quail

Post by John Vardanian »

My favorite event of the car week...
PF Coupe
tyang

Post by tyang »

Great to see everyone!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
earthandsea

Post by earthandsea »

Thank you Tom for putting on another Monterey staple event. It was good to see you and everyone else, as well. Looking forward to the next time.
David Booth

Post by David Booth »

Since I'm complaining about other Monterey observations in a separate post, I'll add here that in the past we've always been free to wander about The Quail's display field the evening of Tom's party. Of the cars present, maybe a third would be uncovered. This year, I was turned away by the phalanx of security folks posted at the end of the field closest to the Patio. Okay, it was only three security people - not much of an actual phalanx. But there goes another nice little touch; something else to add to the list of "the way things used to be..".

Thanks for the great party, though, Tom. A very nice selection of appetizers and much appreciated.
1960 SII PF cabriolet #2105GT
1963 250GTE #4799GT with 330 America engine #5033GT

"...Luigi follow only the Ferraris.."
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I am sorry to have missed the party this year! I look forward to catching up with all of you each August, but this year did not work out. Guess I will have to have a chat with the Nieces and Nephews about the evils of getting married during Monterey week... If they cooperate, I will definitely be there in 2018.
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
2837GT

Post by 2837GT »

Great to see everybody, Tom's party reminds me that behind the glitz and show of the week its essentially just about people and cars.
Thanks to Tom !
Graham and Tamara
tyang

Post by tyang »

2837GT wrote:Great to see everybody, Tom's party reminds me that behind the glitz and show of the week its essentially just about people and cars.
Thanks to Tom !
Graham and Tamara
Hi Graham,

I take it as a compliment that I can bring the glitz down to something more pedestrian!

Great to see you and Tamara.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Yep, it was a great party and great, as others have said, to see old friends, connect with new ones and put some faces with names. As John V said, it was the highlight of the weekend for us as well. As always, I really appreciate all of the advice, support and help I've received from the friendly members of Tom's site. steve meltzer
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."